1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing AM Radio

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Duke Selinium, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Duke Selinium

Duke Selinium New Member

Hello,

Can anyone out there help me? I have purchased a new Alpine cde-151 am/fm/usb radio and a set of speakers for my 1990 Suzuki Carry Truck but I don't know how to install all of it. I was told that there is no adapter harness for the truck. I have looked all around for threads on how to install a new radio, but I haven't found anything that is specific enough to instruct me on how to do this.
    Can anyone tell me in detail about what they did to hook up the new radio? tanks in advance.

2. ttc

ttc Member

if you have a meter you can test the original plug to see which pins are which and a bit of looking at the wires. On my hijet i cut the stock plug off and soldered in the plug for the cheap mechless deck i got from china.

3. Old Ironsights

Old Ironsights New Member

I'm on my phone, so linking is problematic, but I postes what I did to my HiJet over on the HiJet subboard. It took me a while to find the correct connector pin-outs, but I was eventually able to google it.

4. Duke Selinium

Duke Selinium New Member

Thanks, I was able to install it without much hassle. Once I took out the old am radio, it was pretty clear as to what was the ground, power, antenna and speaker wire. That was all there was to it. All I had to do was connect them using bud connectors to the appropriate wires following the new radio's schematics, and presto. I also ran a wire from the red wire on the radio harness to the ignition fuse to receive constant power. it really was quite simple.

5. Manny Tamay

Manny Tamay New Member

Since you are new to taking care of your mini truck, you need to get the services of expert mechanics. This is to make sure all are put in place.

6. Duke Selinium

Duke Selinium New Member

Already did it. Ben using it for a year. It was a piece of cake.