1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement carberator for DD51T

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by kip thompson, Sep 16, 2021.

1. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

My 1995 Suzuki carry carberator is flooding out and is in need of a rebuild. I don’t have anyone near me to rebuild the original carberator. Any thoughts on the replacement carberators from maylasi? They are about 200 on eBay thanks

2. Newlands

Newlands New Member

Really the only thing that can go wrong with a carb is clogged jets, gummed up old fuel and rubber diaphragms etc that have degraded because of bio-fuels. If you strip and clean it, and fit now o-rings/seals/diaphragms etc they should be ok. An ultrasonic cleaner is very handy for this. I bought a rebuild kit from an Indian* seller on eBay for my 90 Suzuki for when I do mine - quality looks ok and it was around £18, say $30 in funny money.
    * Suzuki’s we’re produced under licence in India for a while I think, so there are a few pattern parts available from there.

3. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

4. Newlands

Newlands New Member

The eBay sellers name is vintagetractorparts2014 if that helps.

5. 2knives

2knives New Member Supporting Member

kip thompson, what’s it doing when it floods? How do you know it’s flooding?

If I was gonna buy another carburetor, I’d make sure it’s the same one, vacuum ports can be an issue… (3+2… 2+3 ports are not so much a problem) … but 3+1?… maybe your a vacuum diagnostics master, I’m not, I just want you to know there’s choices.

6. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

So I decided to try to rebuild my factory carburetor. It recalled did work and solved my flooding problems. The thing I can’t figure out now is how to lower the warmed up rpm. The base rpm screw on the top right side of the carburetor is backed off be me. I backed it off and it won’t back off enough to lower the rpm. Any help would be appreciated.

7. 2knives

When everything is warmed up, is your choke fully open?

8. 2knives

There’s this thread too (if you haven’t already seen it), Desperately need tuning help!, pg 5 a little past half way down, “Cole” lays a lot out on how to use adjustments.

9. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

Thanks and yes choke does fully open when coolant warms up

10. 2knives

Good deal, If you’ve got your vacuum system/actuators and carb-coolant lines working tip top, then you might be good with the base idle adjustment screw.

11. 2knives

Just remembered you said you already tried the base idle…. Look at your Idle-up Actuator Adjustment, it might be too tight.

12. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

Thanks for your help

2knives likes this.