1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Carb

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by bobjonah, Mar 23, 2021.

1. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

I am finally fed-up with my standard carb, and have ordered a 34mm CV carb for an Arctic Cat ATV. It is spigot mount, so I also need a rubber spigot ( flange ) to fit the manifold. Does anybody know the standard carb bolt spacing measurement ? This carb has an electric choke ( enrichment ) valve, so hooking that up should be easy enough, and the standard throttle cable should work as well - fingers crossed

Juju1187 likes this.
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There was a thread on changing carbs in which the parts used were listed, complete with the links to Amazon.

3. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Found it - Thanks. The Yamaha one shown also has a vacuum port for the distributor advance - nice. I also ordered a thumb screw for adjusting the idle mixture. This is necessary as the mixture screw is on the bottom fo the carb, close to the mounting flange, and cannot be accessed with a screw driver. I should have everything in the next week or so, and will let you know how it works out.

Cheers

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Bob, please add the information for your truck in your signature line.

Click your user name, and the information page will open. Then click on profile, and information, and fill out your signature. Be sure to include any mods you have made, and update if things change.

It makes it lots easier to offer advice when you run into trouble.