1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement battery?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by dochockin, Apr 15, 2017.

1. dochockin

dochockin New Member

My carry came with a Japanese battery. I need to replace it. Not surprisingly, the counter guys at Canadian Tire could find no info in their books or computers. Next step is to remove the battery and head back to town...

I figure I'd ask in case someone has already solved this. Any leads on a battery that fits the stock battery holder? I don't mind replacing the post clamps if needed, but I'm not eager to modify the holder.

Thanks!

2. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Just replaced the battery in my Hijet about a month ago. The battery that finally gave out had been in the truck when I bought it almost 7 years ago.

I measured the battery tray / box and wrote those dimensions down. I also took my battery with me. Ended up going with a Deka, size group 51, battery. About 500 ca. Sounds like the starter is spinning 3 times faster than it used to! It's basically a small car battery. I could have also installed a large lawn mower battery, like one off a big zero turn.

The Japanese battery had "pencil posts" so I had to convert my cables clamps over to SAE style. The stock cable length was adequate for the new battery. I took a small die grinder and split open the factory connectors so I wouldn't lose any cable length.

Tony Evers likes this.
  3. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Mine has a lawn mower battery! Honest and it started all winter no problem!
    Farm & Fleet have them on sale for $19 right now! I might go with the higher cranking amp one?