1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Axles

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SuperATV, Jul 12, 2010.

1. zardoz

zardoz Member

I occurs to me that super atv hasn't responded to the initial issue. I for one am interested in these higher flex axles.... but if super atv isn't going to fix the problem or even address it.... well what can I say.... guess I'll stick with stock axles and no lift.

z

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Spaner comes up wrong...

Riddle me this, Tractor Man, are the two half shaft diff ends, stubbies, from Super ATV the same length? :pop:

This would seem to be the correct assumption. You see, the short half shaft should have the long stubbie, {and seems to FIT OK}, and the long half shaft should have the short stubbie, {and seems to be TOO LONG}.

Being a hi-mass production company, I would get my hands on a short shaft, having the greater angle restriction, and mass produce based on the requirements of the stock unit, as the longer shaft would not have as great of an angle restriction and would operate within the tolerance of the shorter half shaft specification. :sly:

But, they seem to have not considered the possibility, that the front diff gear alignment would be off center in the diff housing. Which is concernining at best, as this is the case for standard design, more often that not. :sly:

I thought that we could just go with a QUIKIE FIX for such a small over sight but, I took the time to look at it more closely.

I have some HI-REZ pics with laser alignment, and if the half shaft diff end stubbies ARE the same length....we are HOOPED.

The dounut TYPE FIX would have to follow the profile of the "tappored-shaft-seal-seat" tolerance, as the alignment of the inner ridge of the factory seal sits within the "TAPPERED" end of the construction of the "stubbie" shaft.

SORRY GUYS, what are the chances of that, right? :frustration:

If the two shaft stubbies are the same length, then the milling cost would far out weigh the benifit....unless, these are REALLY HI-ANGLE joints, and can handle a 4" lift.....cause the stocks can not....

You have to see this problem in the brain, before this pic will make sence, but I have "over-layed" the long stubbie to exacting proportions, to show that the inner component of the factory seal, will be in a position over the "tapor" and will not seat.

Is it really a "HI-ANGLE" shaft....is it really worth the BARNNY? :pop:

Attached Files: