1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurbished Mini's

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by KElmore, Oct 30, 2007.

1. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

Oh, Thanks for the correction,

2. pepci

pepci Member

It must have been the site www.myminitruck.com that you had put up as that is the one that has agkarts on it. And what good would it do for the paperwork to show to WSP as they have looked through it and said no, so to me i don't give a rip if it can be on or off road .I was not supportive of that in the first place as there was a bigger market for off road use than on. And it sounds like it was the states that are allowing them on road that sealed their fate in the USA with the EPA anyways.And also it is my opinion that the 25 yr old or older trucks are not the vehicles whether they are refurbished or not that my clientel want as they are well used and not REBUILT they are Refurbished which i know is not REBUILT to what we can produce from the same old trucks brought into my location and rebuilt here instead of refurbished is what I have been trying to get you to understand but you think it's arguing which is not what I was saying. The Mini Haulers and Agkarts are produced probably in the same area and I know the quality of the Mini Hauler is very very poor as I looked at them up close with a fine tooth comb and came to the conclusion they are junk. Hope you get what I have said this time as it is not meant to be argumentative it is my opinion and thats they way it is.

3. canadian1

canadian1 Member

last responce

this will be my last responce to this. www.myminitruck.com was put up by a vendor in japan. what i am trying to get over is that the refurbished work can be done for much less there than here in the states. i do not import junk or crap and i know my vendors. i sell these trks. by the container load delivered to your front door starting at $3900.00 ea.

thank you

p.s. even if something does happen later an engine is only $500.00 complete.

4. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Pepci. Its true. You can drive any vehicle in the USA if its 25 years old or older.

Its essentially the exemption that Canada's 15 year exemption was designed from.

Your local cops don't know the laws from their arseholes. (Actually, this goes for most local cops, worldwide) We get stopped all the time because of some phony equipment violation that they "thought" was the law. So, we have to get into it with their ignorance of the regulations.

But yeah, 25yrs old = federally exempt. Now I dont know the US well, but I have only heard full exemption from all US states. Could be wrong mind you, but if thats the case, the overwhelming majority of states allow it.

5. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Oh, and I agree with Pepci:

Some of the truck images on the website www.myminitrucks.com are definitely Ag Karts / Subic Bay trucks. (They are easy to spot once you have seen a couple, not to mention, there are AG KARTS stickers on some of them!)

There must be some misunderstanding somewhere. What pepci wants to know is:

If you havent used "ag karts"/Subic Bay trucks for years, why would you still have their pictures on your website?

I am sure it wasnt anyone's intentions to get so wound up, but Pepci has a good point.

6. canadian1

canadian1 Member

25 yr. olds

i have already answered this question but i will do so again. they are on there at present because i still have customers that order by the container load for resale. i do not order them for myself. the web site was updated somewhat today and the green;yellow and red trks. are 25 yr. old trks. green trk. has been sold.

7. pepci

pepci Member

whatever canadian1. i am going to talk to my local cops here and see again but i already know what they will say, besides i don't have a25 yr ld truck anyways

8. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Legal

THAN WHY BOTHER: most local cops have no idear of federal laws. they know local and maybe state. just remember this; federal law always supercedes state law.

9. canadian1

canadian1 Member

refurbished

that is why we reburbish them

10. pepci

pepci Member

low end trucks is not what I want or need.Refurbished or made to look better is not what is needed for the clients I have or want. They want good trucks. Now if they were rebuilt as most 25 yr old trucks most likely need that would be different.

11. canadian1

canadian1 Member

price

well mister; there are people that can't afford the $5,000=$6,000 or $7,000 trk. i don't know why you want to go on and on with this. i have a 36 month 60,000km warranty on the trks. you can purchase for $425.00 that covers the eng. trans. 4wd and transfer case; nationwide; with no deductable. if your not interested in the trks. than why reply to a thread?

12. pepci

pepci Member

My clients can afford them so maybe thats why you have to sell the refurbished trucks . But now it appears you will have to sell old refurbished versus good used.All i hope is that we can get somewhere on this EPA crap as a team effort and maybe just maybe we can still get good used quality trucks in for off road use only as they should have been in the first place. Thanks to all the folks who have gotten them legal for street use we are in a pickle.And my name is not mister thank you.

13. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

You offer a Nationwide? Warranty??? Do you have a network of service people across the nation that honor your warranty, or how does a buyer go about getting something fixed if you are in Alabama and they are in California?

14. canadian1

canadian1 Member

nationwide

nationwide==any ase facility

15. pepci

pepci Member

Send me a copy of the warranty please so I can check it out. I find that highly interesting especially the nationwide part. I have alot of ase certified mechanics here that won't touch the trucks for whatever reason so again let me see the warranty mister. And mini4wd where did you get your truck and how is the supercharger? I have only been able to get a 1986 truck but it had 18k KM on it when i got it and it is not old enough to be legal so didn't have to do anything but paint and lift for it.

16. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

I bought it a couple months ago from a guy here in NC that had gotten into the Mini Truck business just last year. I don't think his trucks were selling that great and he wanted out of the business so he offered it to me at what I thought was a good price.
    As far as the Supercharger, This is the only mini truck I have ever driven so I can't really compare it to a non-supercharded truck. I just know it seems to have a decent amount of power especially in the mid to upper acceleration range.