1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurbished Mini's

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by KElmore, Oct 30, 2007.

1. KElmore

KElmore New Member

2. akswinehart

akswinehart New Member

?

from what I understand, many of these trucks have been badly wrecked in japan and they take 2 or even 3 trucks and make one (maybe in korea?) (not in japan), front clip from one truck and the back half off another kinda think? I'm not sure about a truck that has had the frame welded back together? sounds like even more liability to me. just what I heard though the grapevine, so don't hold me to it...

3. kayakincutie32

kayakincutie32 New Member

Refurbished Mini Trucks

Hi all. I wanted to let you know of my experience with a refurbushed mini truck. I bought mine about 2 months ago and had lots of questions about them. I wanted to know the difference between these and a regular kei-class truck from Japan. Come to find out they are Japan trucks that have been stripped to the frame and remanufactured as they are assembled. Mine is an extended cab and has new paint and new upholstery. Everything was gone through before it was shipped to the dealer. I haven't had any of the common problems such as bad cv boots and such that can typically be found on a used Japan truck. I've been riding mine through some pretty bad trails and have gotten it awful dirty. The only thing I hate about it is having to wash it after all the fun!!!!!! :(

And by the way, some of you have wondered about bandmminitrucks.com. That is where I bought my refurbished truck. It is called a MINI HAULER. They were great to work with, especially when I had a bizillion questions. I must have called them like 10 times, and each time they were very friendly. I had called other places before, but they were the only ones that offered a six month warranty on the drive train. I took this to mean that they stood behind their product.

HAVE FUN WITH THOSE MINI TRUCKS!!!!

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Is yours Left Hand Drive too?

5. kayakincutie32

Yeah!! Mine is a left hand drive. I tried out one of those right hand drive ones, but its hard to get used to being on the wrong side. I laughed when I got into the truck on the wrong side and had to get back out. OH WELL!!!!:p

6. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

Hello All,
    well, I am the one also to send my trucks in 1 piec (without cutting) from Japan to Philippines, Subic Bay free port and customize them, also we can change to left hand side if my customers Demand,
    I also sell most my containers from Japan but just started from 2 month in Philippine to reduce the cost of the labor,
    just Visit my web site: http://www.japanese4x4minitruck.com
    I am not a unknown supplier in this Mini Trucks Business,
    I have a very good stock, just check,
    my custom trucks are a high class and you will love to have one,

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  7. smoothstroke

smoothstroke Member

WHAT KIND OF MONEY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FOR ONE OF THESE TRUCKS, BALLPARK.

8. kayakincutie32

These are the accessories that I have on my truck. It's an extended cab with a 660cc engine. I added a 3" lift kit and brand new tires and rims. I also added a front and rear bumper, with a winch. The paint and upholstery is included in the base price. With all these addons, I paid around $7,500.

9. AgKart Man

AgKart Man New Member

Oh the refurbished trucks

I purchased 21 refurbished AgKarts from Richard Crisp. I plan on publishing a complete and thorough review the refubished AgKart on the web site www.AgKart.com on Jan 2nd, 2008. It will be detailed and thorough so check it out.

10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

So what happened here? The website does not have the reviews you had mentioned you would put uo?

11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Hahahaa!

But what are your TRUE feelings? Lol.

I appreciate your uncensored comments.

But yes, I unfortunately missed the review.

Did you get all the trucks you ordered?

Do you mind elaborating about the poo? If you do not wish to post publicly, please send me a private message.

Thanks
    Jeremy

12. What exactly was so awful about them?

13. canadian1

canadian1 Member

refurbished

i have two refurbised trks. that are street legal in every state. these trks. have not beem cut or ect. ect. they are painted; new interior; lifted; extended cab; custom front and rear bumpers; 4wd; hi/lo range selector.
    $4400.00 EA.
    E-MAIL FOR PHOTOS

stith@otelco.net
    mini trucks unlimited,inc.
    www.myminitrucks.com

14. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Huh??

Huh :confused: You must mean street legal in every Province. There are only a very small handful of states where you can register and legally drive Kei trucks on non-federal highways.

15. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Street Legal

two 25 year old refurbished trks. that are street legal on every road in every state.

16. pepci

pepci Member

Not in the USA they are not legal in every state. Offroad use only no matter the age.
    Looks like you have some Agkarts Canadian1

17. canadian1

canadian1 Member

legal

i have not used any agcarts in about 2 yrs. i have 2 other vendors i purchase from. i would like to inform you that by d.o.t. and e.p.a. complainces that any vehicle that is 25 plus yrs. old is legal on every roadway in every state. check it out.

18. pepci

pepci Member

is your website www.myminitruck.com or is that not right? Thats where I seen the Agkart but guess it must be wrong. And from all I have read it does not matter how old the KEI truck is it is not legal on the roads here but maybe you know more about it than us as we only live here. And Hiro if your price was that for a rebuilt truck we would surely pay it. So that tells me you must be getting the lower end trucks to begin with. Also where are pics of the refurbished engines and trans? No matter to me as i am very happy buying quality used trucks from my supplier until Dec. 8th anyways. We get better quality than refurbished from our guys but thats neither here nor there. It will be coming to an end here soon unles we want to get old wore out refurbished trucks that are 25 or older. Not me. My 2 cents again

19. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

thanks again, my web site: http://www.japanese4x4minitruck.com
    check the top of the Cutom trucks Page for engine and other trucks,
    I am trying my best to keep the price low as I can,

thanks & regards

20. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Pepci

and where do you think i reside? canadian1 is only a handle and has nothing to do with where i reside. send me your e-mail address or fax# and i will forward you the info. and show you just how wrong you are.
    p.s. i reside in one of the southern states.

21. pepci

pepci Member

Well I live in a western state and they are Not Legal for road use. So it does not matter if they are where you live. I am so very happy that they are where you live but it isn't the case here so now what? There are not alot of the 50 states that allow them but maybe you have info the rest of us here would need to get it done where we live. Post it here for all to see please and thank you.

22. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

american import law grandfathers in ANY vehicle 25years old or older. they need not comply with FMVSS or EPA rules... it's true. you can drive them legally even in washington. the hardest part is finding a car that's from 1983 or before that's in good condition.

23. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

24. canadian1

canadian1 Member

legal

not to be rude but are you having trouble understanding english? i will repeat one more time and hope you understand. e.p.a. and d.o.t. laws allow the importation of any vehicle that is 25 yrs. old or older and those vehicles are legal on any roadway in any state. are you scared to send me your e-mail address or fax# or do you just like to argue on a subject that you possibly know nothing about? send me your e-mail address or fax# and i will send you the e.p.a. and d.o.t. documents and you can put this to rest.

25. canadian1

canadian1 Member

mighty milt

thank you mighty milt: as you know i am now importing the 25 yr. old refurbished trks. and i have some photos if you would like to view. send me your e-mail address and i will forward to you.
    thanks
    paul

26. pepci

pepci Member

No argument here. But the state patrol has told me that they are not legal for road use no matter what the age so i would assume they would know.I am not arguing about the import of older trucks in the first place. I already know that part as much as all of us do. The website you have at the end of your post earlier sent me to a site that advertises Agkarts that you say you don't deal in anymore right? Than why do they still come up on the site? The site you have now has no contact info on it so not sure what to think. Are you in Alabama or where?

27. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Pepci

first thing: never;never;never assume anything.
    second: agcarts are still on the site because i still have customers that want them by the container load. i do not order them for myself for resale.
    third: i don't know what site you are trying to go to but the correct site is www.myminitrucks.com and than click on contact us.
    you said in an early e-mail you went to www.myminitruck.com and that is incorrect.

28. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Pepci

if you are not arguing about older trks. than what are you arguing about? send me your e-mail address and i will forward you the documents that you can show to your state police. this is the 3rd or 4th time i have offered to do this for you and will not offer again.

29. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

canadian1 have a contract with me for the 25 years old trucks, so any one interested to buy then please contact with www.myminitruck.com
    thanks

30. canadian1

canadian1 Member

web site

the correct web site for 25 yr. old refurbished trks. is
    www.myminitrucks.com. i will update the site this week