1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refridgerant Quantity

Discussion in 'Honda Acty References' started by 737mech, Jun 28, 2022.

1. 737mech

737mech New Member

Hello all. 96 ha4. U need to know the specification for the correct charge of 134a refridgerant. I recovered about 250g from mine, then charged it to 450g, but it still seems a bit low to me. Anyone know the correct charge?

2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

When I do AC recharges I do it by watching the air temp at the vents, when it reaches its lowest temp, I stop filling and I bleed off a little bit to bring it back up a few degrees. This works out well if your system is otherwise healthy. If you see excessive pressure on the high or low side gauges, you need to investigate further. Also I use R152 to refill, its cheaper and cools better than 134a and it doesn't have to be recovered (look for computer duster spray at Wallymart, I usually can get 2 cans for $8 USD). Just make sure it contains R152 (difluoroethane). Usually says on the can somewhere.

3. 737mech

737mech New Member

Thanks. But I'm using a full service machine and not a Manifold gauge set. Do you know the quantity you ended up using? Or does anyone have the manual that references system capacities?