1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilt carburetor

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Nautydog1, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member

Hello everyone! I looking for a place that sells oem rebuilt carburetors for my S83P. I don’t want Manuel choke, want to keep it oem. If any one have some tips. If would be very appreciated, I have tried G&R all ready, one the waiting list, also if someone has or knows were there is a carburetor break down diagrams that I can read. That would help also. My Hijet shop books show a break down but not very good. Who also makes the stock carb? Happy mini’en

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There isn’t much info on the carbs in the factory manuals in Japan. Because they can’t do very much to the carb at the owner/dealer level. because of the emissions standards the carbs have to go back to the factory for any major work.

I spent most of a week blowing cleaner through the passages on the stock carb for my S110, and then comparing things to the vacuum diagrams, to figure out what did what. And I was severely hampered by the lack of a rebuild kit. There were some kits out there for $150/kit. G&R was one of the ones selling them. Not sure they still have them.

Kits for the s80 series are pretty common.

3. shogun

shogun Active Member

4. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member