1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Spring Eye Bushings for my 92 MiniCab

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Arty, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Arty

Arty Active Member

Does anyone know where I can get some new Rear Spring Eye Bushings for my '92 MiniCab? I have already replaced the shackle bushings, but really want to replace the spring eye bushings as well - the ones in the front of the rear leafs. - - So far I haven't been able to source any.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Not sure where you would buy a set: but it the old set are dimensionally true, you can make a urethane mold and cast your own out of pourable urethane.
    https://www.fibreglast.com/product/introduction-to-urethane-casting-resins/Learning_Center
    And a bunch of YouTube videos show how to do it.

You might also check to see if you can just use off the shelf urethane bushings. Might have to be near fairly large performance parts house, so you have a selection to compare against.

3. Arty

Arty Active Member

Thanks Jigs. I'll keep looking, and post results if I find any off the shelf parts.

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

He hasn't been active for a while but is still shown in the members list, his user name is Dan and he was always the guru on anything Mitsubishi as he maintained a fleet of them at a golf course in Vegas. You might try to pm him and I think he will help if he can.
    Good luck.

5. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

A couple good options here. I would try Summit Racing site first if it were me!
    Limestone

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Check out the Prothane site. They have a good selection of universal components.

7. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jigs,
    That's a great recommendation! I like that site! That's the way to go!
    Limestone

8. Arty

Arty Active Member

Jigs:
    You're dead right about that site. - - As soon as I get my truck back in the shop, I'll measure the bushings, and go from there. - -Thanks for the tip.

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

And, from what I’ve read on the web, you can cut it on a woodworking lathe. So, you could buy a set a little oversize, and turn them down if you had to.