1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Shocks For A '93 Mitsubishi Bravo

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Hunter Okano, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Hunter Okano

Hunter Okano New Member

Hello,
    I have a 1993 Mitsubishi Bravo 2wd. Tried to order a set of rear shocks from both Megazip and Amayama for my van but the part is discontinued. Was wondering if anyone here knows if there is a rear shock that is interchangeable with this suspension. This shock is a bigger than the minicab trucks so those shocks will not work on the van (already tried that in the past). So if anyone has any experience or info on this please let me know!
    Thank you!

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The shock is defined by five things: Top mount style; Bottom mount style; Compressed length; Fully extended length; and dampening rate.

Given those you can contact tech support at KYB, Monroe, Gabriel, etc. and they should be able to tell you the catalog number for a shock which meets your needs.

3. Hunter Okano

Hunter Okano New Member

Thank you! I will look into that.

4. werase643

werase643 Member

If like almost every other mini truck...I bet a dollar a 98 Nissan frontier rear shock is workable

5. Hunter Okano

Hunter Okano New Member

Woah awesome! Didn't know about that. I will buy a set of shocks and report back. Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.

6. werase643

werase643 Member

Bigger? Diameter or length?

7. Hunter Okano

Hunter Okano New Member

The shocks I had previously bought were shocks for a mitsubishi mini truck, those shocks were smaller in length and diameter versus the ones I need for my bravo. The measurements for the 98 frontier shocks seem to be the right fit for the bravo.

8. Hunter Okano

Hunter Okano New Member

So the 98 Nissan Frontier shocks worked! They are quite a bit beefier than the stock shocks but they work even better. I ended up re using the bushings from the old shocks and put them in the new shocks. Used the excel g shocks from KYB.
    Thanks for the tip werase643!!

Attached Files:

Limestone likes this.