1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Diff lock installation

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by jordankyleatc350x, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jordankyleatc350x

jordankyleatc350x New Member

So Im posting this for I geuss information for anyone who needs this and wants to try this. After my motor quit in my 1996 subaru sambar I purchased a rebuilt one from G.R impors and they were very helpful. Asked them if they had a diff lock transmission they did so I had them put in a new clutch and bolt it to the motor so I could Just drop it in after pulling my old one out. Well after I fought to get the old one out I would suggest pulling off the bed it its so much easier I put the new one in everything bolted right up but I ran into a small problem it seems my right axle is to long because of the new diff lock. So after some head scratching i cut my old axle in half and removed 1 inch from it welded and put it back in seems okay. Now ive been fighting to get the billions of vacum lines hooked back up. and figuring how im going to make the diff lock work. any suggestions also is the gear ratios different in the diff lock transmissions. thanks

Acerguy likes this.
  2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Good info! Best of luck getting everything up and running. :)