1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Don-in-Japan, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

I've been away for quite a while. Busy life, and trying my best to bolster Japan's declining birth rate. I'm up to 4 now. I've junked 2 more Kei trucks, for a total of 4 so far. I do still have 1/2 of one I cut apart to use as a trailer that never happened.

I'll buy another one soon.. this time with A/C. :D

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Would you have anything for a 91 DB51 Cary?
    I need a tail gate, a pair of seat bottoms, and did they ever make a sliding rear window?

3. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

No slide window that I'm aware of. I've got no parts here.. at least nothing that wouldn't be astronomical to send via USPS.

Cushions can be re-furbished.. and a custom tail gate would be cheaper.

4. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Welcome back to the forums! I have been thinking of doing a trailer someday. I need to make something that I can pull my extra scooters in if I decide to bring all of them to a show or something in the future. I have my truck's stock axle and suspension sitting in my garage that I could always try hooking to a frame and then put a bed atop it. Just might look funky now if not matching my truck which is now sporting RX7 rear indepentant suspension :).

What part of Japan are you out of? I was a military brat living out of Atsugi and Zama-shi in the early 90s.

5. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Gaijin central.. down in Okinawa. :D

Been here since 1991.

6. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Ahh hahaha! Yea, Navy now but I have tried to get stationed there with no success. Decided in staying in the states (in WA state) where I already have my truck and scooter collection. If I ever go, I'd just be bringing along one of my scooters lol

7. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Don, I would expect that it has changed quite a bit since my stints (3 times in 10 years) there during the 50s & 60s while in the USMC. I have looked at google earth and can't even find the remains of what used to be called Camp White Beach out at the end of the jut of land somewhere in the vicinity of Ishakawa, that was in 58&59. Was still a lot of rebuilding going on from WW2. Then I passed through both going to and coming out of VietNam in 65&66. Was a pretty wild & wooly place to be stationed at back then. No matter I spose at this point, I now live permanently in the Philippines.

Fred

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Hey Don! Glad to see you're still around.

9. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

White beach is still around.. just went fishing there last week. I'll find a pic.

Attached Files:

greg0187 likes this.