1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

random fuel starvation

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by ttc, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ttc

ttc Active Member

I have been struggling with fuel starvation since i got my hijet in june. initial the fuel filter was so filled with dirt it wasnt letting any fuel by. I replaced it and thought i was good. but the truck died momentarily on the way home again today so i decided to check the tank pick up screen. it has some fine dirt on it but the bottom half of the tank was coated in grey slime. so i drained the fuel and set to wiping the tank out. The last of the fuel came out grey. took the truck for a run up the street and when i got back i could here a strange hissing. lifted the dump box and there was funky sounds coming from the charcoal filter for the tank vent. pluck the line off of the canister and got a huge whoosh of air. obviously i have been also having vacuum building in the tank. pulled that canister to find the plastic that holds the vent line into the frame was filled with dirt and i could hardly blow through it. so gave it a blast with the hose. there was a fair bit of gunk in the end of the hose.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]