1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio wiring

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 11Shane11, Feb 14, 2018.

1. 11Shane11

11Shane11 New Member

I've seen it posted before but can't seem to find it in the search section.putting new radio in carry.seems to there is a shared ground or something of the sort.does anyone know how to properly. Wire so I don't. Make any mistakes.thanks

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

what year?

3. 11Shane11

11Shane11 New Member

Sorry about that. Its a 1992

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

yellow is the danger wire on at least my '92. I busted the original radio open and checked the pin locations which were labeled. Yellow is illumination, and the other 2 are power and memory power just dvom them to figure it out. borrow ground from the cigarette lighter wiring which is always there, even if you don't have it ( I don't )

5. Fess

Fess New Member

Hello. One more question. Original radio, it's was a small one? With small speaker?

6. matt167

matt167 Active Member

7. Fess

Fess New Member

So, check, do you have a speakers in auto. For my it was surprise, when i was installed new stereo. Sorry,may be to late and you already change.

8. matt167

matt167 Active Member

original radio speaker was internal, new radio, speaker is in the slot below the console, where a factory option speaker would have been. It takes a 4" speaker