1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio removal

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Ran440, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ran440

Ran440 Member

I did a search on this but didn't come up with anything conclusive for my 95 Zuki.
    Some models have a trim ring that pops off. Mine does have a trim ring but doesn't want to just pop off. I didn't get too aggressive with it though. Can anyone confirm removal for my specific model and year? This is the factory AM radio. dash 001.JPG

2. the pou

the pou Member

My 1993 dd51b have a screw at the bottom of the face plate. I have to remove the ash-tray,uncrew the the metal
    Plate that hold the ash-tray,and then I can uncrew the bottom of the radio face plate.
    Good luck

3. Ran440

Ran440 Member

There is no screws in the face plate and below the radio is the cuby hole. No screws there either.
    Looks like I'm gona have to try to pry it off. Just hope I don't break it.

4. Daner

Daner Member

There should be a screw at the back of the cubby hole and on the roof of the ashtray compartment. I would take pics for you and double check my memory but I'm away from the mini atm. When you get those screws out you should be able to lift the faceplate up and pull it out. There are tabs in the top holding it in. The radio and everything should come out with the faceplate.

My truck heater panel and radio look the same as yours. Let us know if you figure it out.

5. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get time. Finally got some work and I need the $$$.

6. Daner

Daner Member

NP If you have trouble just look for more screws. I forgot to make it clear the faceplate/trim are all one piece. You also may need to loosen/remove the trim around the instrument cluster. I can't remember if that's necessary. Good luck