1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator overflow tank

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by TXD, May 29, 2018.

1. TXD

TXD New Member

I picked up a 1996 Suzuki carry recently and some previous owner removed the overflow tank. Does anyone have any good pics of how it's supposed to be connected? And is anyone aware of a universal type tank that would work?

I can post pics this evening of how someone redid the plumbing with a capped off T fitting and what not.

Thanks for any help I can get.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Been quite a few years ago, but at one time in the past, I bought a universal overflow tank from JCWhitney & Co. They had a choice either a large one for full sized american vehicles and a compact unit for imports. You might check your FLAPS(Friendly Local Auto Parts Store) to see what they have available.

Fred

3. DWils

DWils Member

Worst case scenario you might be able to convert an old Tupperware container.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Hit the pick-a-part yard, and get an assortment that look like they’ll fit.

5. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

6. matt167

matt167 Active Member

factory slots down into a mount bracket. They are still available from Megazip

7. TXD

TXD New Member

Is there a need for the T connection in the lower left of the pic?
    Screenshot_2018-06-01-09-24-23-1.png

8. TXD

TXD New Member

The small hose on the right comes from the top of the radiator. Is this the only one I need to connect to an overflow tank?

9. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

The hose you need to run to an overflow tank will come from the radiator neck dircctly under the cap as the nipple is placed in the correct position where the cap seals in the neck. In the pic, that tee & street ell look like regular galvanized house plumbing that maybe someone has added for some purpose(maybe a tank type engine heater in which case .you should find another Tee somewhere in the water system). IMHO, if its not causing a problem ,leave it alone until you need to replace that run of radiator hose.

Fred