1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator Flush

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by rst277, Jun 24, 2013.

1. rst277

rst277 Member

I have been researching (surfing) and trying to find the best rad flush. I usually flush the rad on all new to me vehicles with whatever I find at the local parts shop and then re-fill with high strength antifreeze with Bars Leak Seal as a preventative measure and system lubricant.

What is the best rad flush?

Thanks, Ralph in Winnipeg, 3 Hijets and counting.

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I don't know how it is up there but down here in the land of fruits & nuts the wackos won't let us use anything that is effective so the best we can get is Prestone super flush.My radiator guy says it's ok if you're just servicing your cooling system but if you have a situation like so many of our trucks from Japan with the clogged systems you are just SOL.

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Its pretty amazing what some of these trucks radiators look like inside not to mention the crap that comes out of them. A lot of these trucks have never seen a flush or fluid change. If its bad like 50% of the older trucks you can pull the radiator and have a radiator shop sit it in a vat for 24/48 hrs (depends on how bad). I just did one about a month ago and it look like new inside. 35.00 and well worth it.
    If crap comes out of the radiator that means that same crap is in side the engine.
    Like Jim said Prestone has work well for me on trucks that aren't bad.