1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for all you off-roaders

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by bannock, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bannock

bannock Member

Took my 91 Hijet off-road today and was pretty surprised at what it can do, considering everything is stock. Had a few questions though before i ventured out to more difficult spots.

1) Am I ok using my stock tires?
    I've got bigger rubber on some Mazda rims but it seems like when I had them on with a passenger in the vehicle they would rub or sometimes when i made a left turn I'd get some rubbing. Is it ok if it rubs a bit sometimes? or would a lift be in order?

2) Puddles / Mud - After going through some mud and actually even after being in the car wash, my hijet has a hard time going. Not sure what the correct term would be for that but is there a way to prevent this from happening?

3) Any fellow Winnipegers / Manitobans know any good spots to get dirty? I tried the flood way, by 59.

Thanks a lot! hopefully Ill see some of you guys out on the road (or trails)

2. rst277

rst277 Member

Hey Bannock, I had the same problem of the Hijet not starting when a little wet. It was the plug wires arcing. Those babies are 20 years old so you can get a new set for about $90 or buy a generic plug wire set for half as much but make your own. I'm all over town and I've never seen you! What part of Winnipeg are you in??

Ralph in St. James

3. bannock

bannock Member

Yeah I'd like to play around in the mud but don't want to stall out and get stuck! Im in the East Kildonan area mostly. The woman doesn't really like the mini so usually I'm in my other ride unless I'm alone haha.