1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: What sensor is this?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar References' started by Willie Carter, Sep 22, 2020.

?

Does anyone know what sensor this is?

1. Max airflow sensor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Willie Carter

Willie Carter New Member

I have a 1991 Subaru Sambar KV3 Supercharge. This sensor is by the rear bumper and has one hose that goes into the air filter and the other plugs somewhere under the throttle body or near bouts. This sensor has gone bad and makes "Jr." run raggedy. Unplugged, Jr. runs smoothly, but, I do not see the supercharger activate. Any help would be beautiful. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Looks more like a vacuum switching valve.

On my truck it would be opening and closing the damper which controls whether the air going to the air filter, is warmed by going over the exhaust manifold, or cooler air from the frame rail. Mine is controlled by a thermostatic switch on the manifold.

3. Willie Carter

Willie Carter New Member

Thank you kind sir. I wonder... is that the name of this sensor?

4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

That is not a sensor. Subaru calls it a "Valve Assembly, Air Control". I believe it to be a Crankcase Ventilation valve. The part number is 22650KA062, but I also believe it to be discontinued. You might have luck getting one from GRImports as they have a "junkyard".

You said that you do not "see" the supercharger activate... What do you mean? If you are looking for a light on the dash, if your Sambar is newer than 1990, it has no light.

5. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Amayama shows availability at $120

6. Willie Carter

Willie Carter New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been stuck for weeks now without a soul knowing what this is.

what I mean about the supercharger light is in fact that there is a light that comes on when the supercharger kicks in. I have not seen it kick in for weeks now, since that part went bad. I will check out the website you recommended to order. Thank you, thank you, thank you, in my best Gomer Pyle impersonation.

7. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Ah, then you have a 1990 model, nice! For some reason, Subaru removed that light from the rest of the generation... only the very first models got it. It leads people to think that their supercharger isnt working since the "light never comes on".. since there is no light in the 1991+ models.

8. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

After some time digging around in the Japanese Service manual, and I found that it is the Idle Speed Control Valve. So, not a PCV like I originally thought.