1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on the blue color of a Hijet Pickup

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Badpenguin, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Badpenguin

Badpenguin New Member

I have a 1996 S110p in blue. Has anyone found a good, close substitute for touch up paint?

I am assuming it is a stock color, but can't find any good info on it.

Attached is an idea of the shade I am referring to.

Attached Files:

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Ebay. There is someone selling rattle can kits for Daihatsu blue paint. has two blue color codes listed: B09, B15, B58, and B59.

I’m guessing but since Daihatsu was importing to the US at the time, you might be able to get some from an auto supply house for a Charade or Rocky.

Just searched eBay for “Daihatsu blue touch up paint”, counting international sellers there area couple of hundred listings. So, if you know your paint code, which is on your vehicle plate on the right side of the truck. You may be in luck.

3. Badpenguin

Badpenguin New Member

Cool. I tried that but there were so many paint codes for Daihatsu that I kind of gave up....will look for the paint code physically on my truck. Still new to this...but willing to learn! Thanks for the tip!

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

E0B30377-E246-4988-9174-30514C9A4E00.jpeg Should have a tag under the drivers seat like this one and have the color code listed

5. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

B48652EE-64BF-45B8-81E7-065CFE0E359B.jpeg
    this is the color of your truck B09 I was taking the picture in a dark corner but it is a blue s110p

Badpenguin likes this.
  6. Badpenguin

Badpenguin New Member

Thank you, I appreciate it!