1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting my truck to work some more.

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by Wolfman, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Time to get a new thread going in a new subforum. I've been remodelling my house, and had another pile of junk to haul to the dump. :D

Attached Files:

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Sweet...Looks like you had a nice warm New Years day. Is there something special you have to do to get the sides off? Do they have to be in a certain position? I haven't tried on mine yet but I just thought that if they just come off you might not want to drive around with em down.

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

All I have to do is unlock the latches, and then pull them towards the back of the truck for the sides, and to the right for the back. The hinges on the bedsides are very basic slip hinges. I'll sometimes have to work them a bit while sliding them apart. Being able to remove the bedsides is one of my favorite features.

4. greg0187

Now you sparked my interest and made me go out and try it. Its only 10 deg. F. Anyway, On mine the rightmost hinge on each side has a screw to keep them from coming out. Learn something new everyday.

Greg

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I think that would annoy me. I rather like being able to change up my truck on a whim. I've done it on a couple of occasions, where something that I've purchased, was a bit longer than the bed. I've just removed the tailgate, and strapped it down on top of the load. I've hauled 10 foot by 6 foot dog kennel panels home with this truck.

6. greg0187

I agree. Although It makes me feel better now knowing that the sides won't fall off going down the road if I let someone use it. Maybe I can replace them with some sort of thumb screws.

7. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Hehe, I avoid that problem by not letting anyone else touch my truck. ;)

8. Colin

Colin Member

Good call. :D

If the sides are all up and clamped shut, they won't go anywhere.