1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulled the trigger. Thanks to this forum!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tool Man Tim, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Tool Man Tim

Tool Man Tim New Member

Before buying my first mini, I used this Forum for almost all of my homework. Excellent resource. I'm now working to finish her up. For now, it's a '92 Suzuki Carry DD51T with round headlights. Stock F6A with 62,000km on the clock. 4x4 with 4-speed and axle lock. Modifications: minor rust repair and full body-on color change paint (Ford grey). re-upholstered seats. Lifted. Running 14" wheels and tires. Metal wheel opening extensions welded in before paint to accommodate wider tires. LED side marker lights. 48" x 6'6" "woody" bed mat.
    Upcoming work: limo tint back and side windows, Monroe shocks, further sound-proofing, dash install CB radio, custom mud flaps, and custom folding side rails. I may covert the tail and head lights to LED, still thinking about that one.
    Anyway, thanks again to this forum for the invaluable information gained during my search for, and modifying my mini.
    suzuki 1.jpg IMG_6169 2.JPG IMG_6200 2.JPG

punimog, Adam C Spry and installater like this.
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Congratulations, look like a sweet ride.

3. Arty

Arty Active Member

Looks like a sweety!

4. Double M Farm

Double M Farm New Member

Welcome, and the truck looks great!!

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Yours looks really clean. First thing I did with mine was install some aluminum traction plate on the inside of the bedsides and the tailgate. That way things don’t slide into and ding them up. (Lesson learned on my 77 Toyota pickup, which also had single wall bed sides.)

If you add the LED lights you might run into a problem with the headlights wired as a ground switched system.

If you install LEDs for the turn signals, they will blink too fast. The solution I found was an “adjustable turn signal flasher”. They cost about $10 on Amazon. I drilled a hole through the dash for the stem to come out of, and mounted the flasher to the back of the dash with double stick tape, and ran jumper wires from the flasher to the location of the stock one at the fuse panel. It has been really convenient. As I take my light bar on and off, or hook up a trailer, I can just adjust the flash rate from the drivers seat.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Limestone likes this.
  6. Tool Man Tim

Tool Man Tim New Member

Great points! Many thnx!

7. installater

installater Active Member

Welcome, nice clean truck also from the GPNW
    thumbnail (35).jpg

8. Tool Man Tim

Tool Man Tim New Member

Very nice! Like the clearance lights! Are they tied to the running lights? Thanks.

9. installater

installater Active Member

Thanks, no the cab lights are on their own o/f switch

10. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Very nice looking truck! Needs more power don't you think TMT? Welcome!

11. DAN CANAAN

DAN CANAAN New Member

Whom did you go through in the Pacific Northwest for your rig? Couple of shops in north Seattle, but the best pricing seems to still be down in Portland. Washington's DMV can be tricky to deal with for unusual vehicles- I've had to deal with it with Cushmans and an Interceptor so far.

12. Carlos Lima

Carlos Lima New Member

Very clean looking Suzuki my friend. Just got my Suzuki carry cat eye (Beige) . cant wait to set mine up. Hopefully will post my Suzuki once it is done.