1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTO Generator

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Roy Ward, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Roy Ward

Roy Ward New Member

My S219P has a PTO driven generator it works great. I run my Chain Saw and also a Pole Saw off it. I found an adjustable screw device under the dash that pulls down with a point on it that sets on the foot feed which allows me to set the RPMS to 60 cycle. I saw this thing early on and couldn't figure what it was at first. Funny thing I wonder what else my truck has that I haven't found yet.

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

Cool I would love to add a PTO to my truck

3. Roy Ward

Roy Ward New Member

When I got my truck I didn't know the generator was there, found it when I changed the Tran oil. Before that I'd load a generator in the bed. Now I can trim
    brush and haul it off in the bed. I run it in Fifth gear so the engine RPMS don't have be so high.
    They must be rare because I don't see a lot of post about one. Not knowing to much about these trucks yet I don't know if all transfer cases have to ability of a PTO.

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

You are lucky to have the truck, a few years ago I scoured Japan looking for one, not one to be had.