1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROPANE conversion... LPG carburetor bolt on kit...

Discussion in 'Performance' started by draggbody, Apr 1, 2010.

1. TenneSuzi

TenneSuzi New Member

So would 2 forklift tanks fit under the bed if you pulled the spare tire and gas tank?

What's the capacity of a forklift tank and how long can you run on one?

I've got a dump bed, makes it easy to get underneath to pull tanks or service.

My home has a 1000 gal tank. Could I fill the truck from that somehow?

Thanks,

Kirk

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

question for the guys south of the border, whats propane cost down there? its anywhere from 93.9 to 107.9 cents/liter here (3.55 to 4.08 a gallon) which doesnt make it economical to drive when gasoline is the same price.

3. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

71.9c/L here in town vs $114.9/L for gas.
    In the summer it could be had as low as 49.9c/L while gas was at $109.9
    Our propane F150 was unusable all week with -30 temps overnight.

4. Griz

Griz Member

propane tank mount

How about posting pictures of your propane tank mounting.

Attached Files:

5. Griz

Griz Member

I have 2 forklift 33# tanks each hold a little under 8 gal of propane. I refill from my house tank. I pay $2.15 per gal on last fill-up. I am thinking on moving my 2 tanks under the bed and would sure like to see some pictures of the under bed tanks mounting.

6. TenneSuzi

TenneSuzi New Member

So Griz, how do you fill from your home tank? Where did you get the lines, connectors etc? How do you guage the fill?

I'm thinking you could run a truck all day long on an 8 gallon tank?

Kirk

7. Stuff99

lol so someone isnt paying road taxes :p

8. TenneSuzi

TenneSuzi New Member

And that's legal here in the USA! No tax on an "alternative fuel". Wonder how much longer this will last...

Kirk

9. Griz

Griz Member

The home tank I have is small (100gal) and I take it to the propane business to fill it. This business sells hoses, fittings, tanks as well as propane. When refilling my empty truck tanks I make the hose connections, crack open the bleed valve on the truck tank (gas vapor will escape) open both ends of the fill hose and liquid propane is transferred do to pressure difference until liquid propane comes out of the bleed valve. I then close all valves and my truck tank is refilled. I am getting 30 to 35 km per gal of propane.

10. Stuff99

hmm thats only about 18-21 mpg.

11. hongster

hongster New Member

im in australia and would love to know what the part numbers are to order the same bits... WOW its such a sweet upgrade, I hate my fidleing around with the little carby- i was thinking of going efi but PROPANE(LPG) is so much better...please post part numbers or pm me with costs from USA (would i have to pay tax? since its leaving the states?)

12. Stuff99

the biggest benefit is that its easier on town traffic for engine wear to.