1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty useless low beam lights.....

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SAITCHO, Jul 18, 2020.

1. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Hi guys I have a question mostly directed to other DA63T owners. Are your low beam pretty terrible? There are 2 bulbs in my headlights housing. The low beams bulbs barely light up anything, I cant see myself driving with only those. The high beam do work, I boughts leds bulbs and will be upgrading the high beam shortly. Are the low beam merely position lights and I am supposed to use the high beam on the road? I will try to source new bulbs for the low beam and see if it gets better.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The stock lights on my Hijet, didn’t work very well as low beams herein teh USA, because they are aimed the wrong direction, left and down, as opposed to right and down. I could solve my problem by replacing with the correct US version bulb set.

3. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I drove my 1992 DD51 Carry daily with stock headlights on low beam daily. You should have city lights being a JDM vehicle which are just 194 bulbs in the headlight housing that come on with parking lights. Perhaps your low beams are not actually working and only the city lights are working?

SAITCHO likes this.
  4. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Matt I think you are right, my low beams are not working at all and only the city lights comes up when I turn my lights on to the first position. H4 bulbs are dual filament and right now not doing anything on the first turn of the stalk. I will replace them with the led ones I have and see if the issue is with the bulbs themselves or something else.

5. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

I found my issue with the low beams: I cant properly operate a light stalk. I didnt notice there was also front and rear position on the lever......:confused:. At least its an easy fix. Those LED replacement bulbs are amazing!!!! No more yellow dims lights. On another note if you have a DA63T buy these: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071LHP5WP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will be able to upgrade the city lights, dome lights rear cargo light and the license plate light. I havent checked the backup light yet.

GreenMachine11 likes this.