1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

potential mini truck buyer!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jared b, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jared b

Jared b New Member

Hello everyone, names Jared and I'm looking at possibly purchasing a minitruck in the next few weeks or sooner. I sold my four wheeler unexpectedly and I need to replace it with something that will help me plant food plots and get me to deer stands/retrieve game. I've sorted through my local Facebook finds and narrowed my search down to a 2008 Kawasaki brute force 750 for 3500 (price not firm) and a 1998 Suzuki carry for 4500(firm). Pros and cons... mini truck has 19000 miles(converted), full roll cage for safety, spare tire, lift and wheels, newly reupholstered seats and is quiet. Only on Cons are price is firm, must be trailered and a/c doesn't blow cold. Brute force pros: Powerful and fast, only 1320 miles, new cvt belt (might be a bad thing but then again it is a 10 year old bike), new spark plugs, fuel injected(no carb troubles), bike is overall clean, cheaper, newer, can fit in the bed of my truck. Cons: LOUD lol(stock exhaust but is noticeably louder than the stock mini truck exhaust), no cab life like the mini, costs more.

Let me know what you guys think. Try not to be biased lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jared b

Jared b New Member

Extra picture that’s as on my phone

Attached Files:

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Only you can decide what is best for you. Some years ago when I lived in the states, I owned a Polaris 500 and really enjoyed it, now living in the Philippines and own a Suzuki CarryVan. Each has their pros & cons and you have to figure which you want/need more and consider along with the price you are willing to give.

Fred

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Pros for Minitrucks: cargo capacity, the bed holds far more than the atv ever will, even with most trailers; it weighs more so if you buy an implement carrier for it, the Minitrucks do a better job of carrying, plows, harrows, etc, to prep plots; the greater load capacity, means you can carry a bigger seed spreader, and extra seed, if you want. You can carry you, a buddy, two or three dead deer, and all your hunting gear in a minitruck, you might do it on an ATV, but you could end up on the web as humor, if anybody took your picture.

You can put a plow on the front of the minitruck, and push snow in comfort, wearing a flannel shirt, even when it’s 20-below. Try that with an ATV, and you’ll freeze to death.

Basically, when compared to an ATV/UTV, the mini truck gives up a bit of speed, and rough off road capability, in exchange for a relatively huge increase in cargo capacity, and utility.