1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible fuel filter?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by cabnfever, Jan 16, 2010.

1. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

Ok i will start off by saying not only am i new to mini trucks but also carbs. I have a 93 ks4, i ve noticed through the cooler temps that everytime i start my truck i start it, it runs for a few seconds and then dies. i start it a second time and it starts and idles no problem. If i try to give it gas right away it will bog and stall out but if i let it idle for a few minutes and then hit the gas it will bog but will then rev with no issue. If i drive it it will bog on the first start and stop and then its fine. Does this sound like a fuel filter issue or is there another problem. also i dont drive everyday incase that is of any importance.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

sounds like fairly normal slightly out of tune carb or choke...flush coolant to make sure water is circulating around the temp controlled choke,seafoam it to clean deposits out of the carb,check the operation of the vacuum controlled air flap on the air filter..it may have a manual (daihatsu does) air flap setting for summer or winter (allows warm air into the airbox in winter cool air in summer)

3. slimbad

slimbad Member

I agree with fupabox. One thing to remember you have a 15+ year old carb/truck. Also in reading your post it sounds like you might just need to let it warm up a bit. Let it idle for a while before you "put the spurs" to the ole gal:D

later, slim

4. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Dont worry i let it idle for a while before taking it out :)