1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Does your DD style Suzuki have illumination for the climate control

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by MiniBrutes, Dec 10, 2010.

?

Does your DD style (92-98) Suzuki have climate control illumination

1. Yes - It lights up, or yes it used to, but not now

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No. It has never lit up. I have taken it apart and confirmed no light module is present.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. It doesnt light up but I havent taken it apart to see.

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

As the title says:

Does your climate control light up when you have the lights on? The overwhelming majority of trucks I have had were not equipped with climate control illumination but I have one now that is.

2. o8k

o8k Member

humm, thats a good idea.... couldnt be too hard to do it myself... :confused::cool: thanks for the idea... i think i may add that to the list of mods

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

during the day it would be hard to tell as most of these trucks do not seem to have a dimmer for the dash lights. my toyota has it in the dash, climate control, and radio. too dim to notice in the day and its always on because of the daytime running lights. (yes i know its not a zuki lol)

4. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Does anyone have a photo of the shroud and light for the forum? I can take a pic of mine, but I currently do not have a heated shop to work in and we are under a foot of snow!

5. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, it seems the climate control light may be relatively rare. I do know this is the first truck out of a couple hundred that I have had that does have this.

Looking for more peeps to vote in the poll please!

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Ive never had a truck that had lighted climate control that I noticed.

7. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yeah, it is becoming apparent that the lighted climate control is an ultra rare option. How interesting.

Now I want to dig into this deeper. I am going to pull my dash out again tomorrow if it isn't too cold. I want to take a closer look.

8. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Climate control light

you could always get one or the other of these.

Attached Files:

9. zardoz

zardoz Member

Mine lights up now...

My climate control didn't have any provision for lights before, when I installed my stereo I added a "cats eye" kit from PA. The kit has 4 LED's that are colour change through a controller. I drilled two small holes above the climate control levers and pushed the led's through, then applied a drop or two of epoxy to secure them. I added one of the LED's below the speedo and installed it in similar fashion (hindsight dictates that I paint the end of the LED with black paint to kill the big time shine that it gives on the speedo face, this will still allow my "sex lights" to give added colour in the cab) The last LED was sent behind the instrument cluster to shine on the floor at the drivers feet, overall I'm quite happy with the project... but I do have to hardwire the kit and locate the control module in some convenient place. :)

z

10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Hooray for mini truck sex lights!

11. Rob Massuco

Rob Massuco New Member

I have added three red LEDs to mine to light up the controls at nite. You can see one of them (not lit) by the controls.

Attached Files:

12. TenneSuzi

TenneSuzi New Member

Mines a 97 DB51T and it does have the light. Wish I'd taken a pic while I had the dash out, but I'll try to describe it.

Behind the climate control, mine has a sort of shroud on the back. At the apex of the shroud, there is a small hole 1/4" or so. the bulb inserts there. Very small bulb, didn't get a # off it when it was apart.

Kirk

13. erixun

erixun Member

So does anyone have one of these allusive beasts on film yet? :pop: I still have not taken my dash apart to look to see if I have these.

In my next days off I will look, and if I don't have any, I think I will get some small LED's from Radio Shack and install them.

14. Daner

Daner Member

here are two pics of mine one of the bulb and wires and the other the back of the dash insert. the small hole under the air vents is where the bulb locks in. Hope this helps
    oh and no part # that I could see also the wires go into a big bundle of them going behind the gauge cluster

How convenient I still had everything all tore apart from my mouse nest debacle:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    erixun likes this.
  15. erixun

erixun Member

Nope, it appears that I do not have these lights.:frustration: I took out the screws for the dash and pulled it away to look behind my air controls, no wires or clip.

I guess I will have to make my own. Thanks for the pics, and I guess your mouse issue has helped in another way! Timing is everything I guess.

16. Daner

Daner Member

Well see due to my bendy air output cable I am only 3 screws from taking my dash off anyway cuz it bends fairly often. So no problem:D

17. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Mine has the connector and hole but no bulb or wires.