1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plow for my hijet mini truck

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by drewster2010, Dec 19, 2011.

1. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

i want 2 get a plow i want a blackline or a poly plow. which do u guyz pefer:pop:

2. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

It depends on what you are going to be using it for? Dirt and snow? Just snow? Plowing on gravel or on asphalt or sidewalks?

3. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

just some sonw and asphalt

4. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Plow

I just ordered a black line and should be in tomorrow hopefully. I'm putting it on my 95 mits and planning on using for snow on asphalt and rock driveway in the summer. Like the down pressure option! How much you looking to spend? Guy I got mine from was cheaper than black line website. If you want his name I'd sure share it. Heck of a nice guy. Good luck

5. Arcticmini

Arcticmini Member

Blackline plow: beware

I have a blackline plow that's electric up and down, hydrolic left right. The plow uses thin metal in some critical areas. I took off the hydrolic angle shift because it was a major weak point. I used 1/4 thick square tube where they have a rolled piece of metal that is also weak. The worst thing about blackline plow is their customer service. I called the two numbers listed on the website at least ten times and left them messages about ordering parts. I never got ahold of blackline or got a call back. It's a vey expensive plow for what you actually get.

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

If you don't need a power down option and you aren't afraid of some fabrication work I highly recommend Eagle Plows made by American Manufacturing. Excellent customer service, bombproof construction, and serious performance. I use an Eagle plow with a 72" plow blade. The blade is $300 and a push tube is $200... free shipping so it's a little less expensive than a blackline setup.

http://northstaratv.com/plowblade50inchstandard-2-1.aspx
    http://northstaratv.com/pushtubes-2.aspx

[​IMG]

You'll need a winch and to do some fabrication to get it mounted... but if you've got the skills to do it you'll save some cash and this plow doesn't screw around moving snow. Here's a super short vid of my setup:
    http://youtu.be/zmKV4-lVO58

A pic of it in action:
    [​IMG]

A driveway successfully cleared:
    [​IMG]

I have to recommend Eagle Plows every time someone asks about plows... their customer service was amazing and their product has exceeded my expectations in quality and performance.

7. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

sweet ya if i get it could u give me some directions on how to mount it and stuff?

8. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

plow

Any local welding shop can get you setup pretty simple if you don't do your own fab work. The eagle plow setup would be darn good like Ironraven has. I priced the whole setup with blade, winch, and push blade and i was looking at 900 give or take. The Blackline I got was 1100 to my door. I went that route but everyones needs are different. If you dont need down pressure go Ironravens route and you will be happy. Anything is better than nothing right? good luck with the decision. I still havn't got my blackline in. getting impatient!!

9. Arcticmini

Arcticmini Member

Blackline plows: beware

When it comes to plowing, it's all about the strength and relibility. My blackline plow came with my carry when I bought it. I just can't recommend a blackline plow to anyone because how weak they are and their lack of customer service. That's my two cents.