1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Vote

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by kmoneil, Mar 10, 2008.

?

Will we use this category?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2008.
  1. Yes

97.0%
  2. No

3.0%
  1. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Will we use this category?

2. oldplug1

oldplug1 Member

I think its a good Idea.

I saw a truck this weekend with a 5 inch lift, 1 inch on suspension and 4 inches on body. That solved the axle strain issue very well.
    This was converted from a single standard lift kit, for around $65 bucks.

Its innovative thinking like that that makes this board and that category work for Mini truck owners

Thanks for the board!!

Jim

3. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

4 inch body lift? ...

4. Colin

Colin Member

Seems redundant. :sly:

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I initially thought no as well, but if its kept more general I liked the idea. I always like to hear of the clever ways/processses people come up with. Examples I'm thinking of are like "Using an old spark plug boot to install spark plugs to keep them from crossthreading" or "The pop bottle and hose for bleeding brakes". I also thought a "How-To" section would be a nice addition.

-Greg

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

If it's used as intended I think it would be helpful.

7. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I agree. If we start to see lots of repeated posts then its not going to benefit us at all.

8. BLES

BLES Member

I think it Could work. I'm still new to these things so don't have many tips to pass along, but I like the idea and use it on other forums.
    BLES

9. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

If I can come up with some methods for fixing things that would help others, I would have no problems posting them here.

10. michael a

michael a Member

sounds good to me

11. Colin

Colin Member

Exactly. Why add another feature if you're not limited by the present offerings? Keep it short and simple. :)

12. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

It could prove useful, but could become unwieldy as it grows with repetition and volume.

13. walkguru

walkguru New Member

i agree with the kiss. keep it simple silly.

14. Corey

Corey New Member

I believe we have enough already

15. rffarm

rffarm New Member

Ok, i may be a little dim, but are we voting to eliminate or continue the tip and tricks? I always check general info, tips, then specifics for my suzuki. Sometimes in reverse order.

The good news is we have choices:cool:. The bad news is we have to chose:frustration:.

16. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i like all the information that i have got from this forum ;D i have seen somethings on here twice, and i even have done this by mistake so streamlining the groups would help. i see that now under the model of each truck there is a tech section i thing this is a good idea for each model. but really i love this site...all the info and the guys are great!!! i don't what i would have done if i didn't find it. :D

wyatt
    a happy member

17. bigguybigguy

bigguybigguy New Member

Continue the tip and tricks yes i find things more varied the Carry other, I use both.