1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pinnable map of minitruckers

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by fupabox, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

So here's me trying to add my own pointer,

I see now I need to wait for the powers that be to do it.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I know there are more of us out there???

3. fupabox

bumping this again.....

4. mael

mael Member

The 'map details' wants a name? I put my handle.

It wants the address? So I put the area, the city, the prefecture and the country.

Then there are two more sections which ask for 'dealer info' and the last is asking something about contact details.

And my pin isn't on the map.

I'm on Amami, a small island smack-bang between Okinawa and Kagoshima City.

I'm at 128E 28N

What am I missing?

5. slimbad

slimbad Member

A cold Asahi or Kirin:D. Just my thoughts, actually one of the mods will help you out.

later, slim

(Okinawa 77-81 CTIC (SS) USN RET).

6. erixun

erixun Member

I was thinking a Sapporo and a shot of Habu-Saki:D

7. mael

mael Member

Still no pin.

I thought this board had mostly Ozzie members - that set the tone for my intro post. ... ie I could have written I was a limey bastard instead of a pommie bastard.:cool:

I was a bit surprised everyone is either American or Canadian.

I know Japanese mini-trucks and vans are extremely popular in Oz. They can't get enough of them and the resale value stays way-high.

T'would be nice to see a pin in a place other than on the North American continent. - wouldn't it now, eh?:p

Putting details into my 'map-info' page on CP USER settings didn't do much.

How about I ask admin to do it for me from my grid location 128E 28N?

8. fupabox

You sir...appear to have been pinned..congrats on the first Pin from Japan:D

9. mael

mael Member

That's great! I'm very pleased about it.:)

10. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Tech is great, but doesn't always come through.

I play in the badlands, The James Bay Fronteer....
    The worlds largest water wetland, second, not even to the pantanal..

Maps dosen't even recognize hwy 652, which runs for over 170 KM out of Iroquois Falls, to the edge of the Hudson Bay Low lands at Detour Lake Mine.

I'm at N 49deg 57.272min and W 079deg 55.067min

Can't enter that into the CP :confused:

HO, yea...boys, get some CHARM SOJU, those Koreans Know their rice wine...Trucks are one thing, sake is another....20% baby @ 37 degC :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  11. fupabox

Yum never tried Korean Sake...One of my buddies hails from Iroquois Falls..you my man are way up in God's country..

12. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Where the dear flys are bourne, and the mosquitoes carry nothing but love.
    ......................................................................................................

Yea, dosen't seem that way to me though, I get the truck as far as Detour, but I work up in Attawapiskat and Peawanuck almost every day.

Too much of a pain in the A** to get the truck up further on the barge, and not to far to go off the rez anyway. The dump, or water treatment areas.

The area is not as developed as the Pantanal because the barges do not have to go up any rivers as the communities are very close to the bay.

Most of my truck adventures are limited to the northern clear-cut areas, they are far reaching, if one knows how to access them.

The MNR has a strict policy of restricting access to northern roadage by "ditching" roads at access points, but us northerers know how to get around that.

One thing that is different than anywhere elce in the world, is that I can jump into any water-way and drink any water in sight.

There is nothing here that can hert me, ecept the cold of winter....which KILLS everthing.....hybernate or DIE......

I like Punta Cana myself..........

There is a big gap there in Northern Ontario, see if you can't post me in there Fupa.....

13. laurieandmike

laurieandmike New Member

stewiacke nova scotia here

14. dowhat

dowhat Member

dallas, tx

15. fupabox

wow we're getting a lot more pins lately..1 in China and 1 in UK

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

heh i forgot about this. I moved but still in the same city if it counts lol