1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pimpin out a U14T mity mitz hightop.

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by werase643, Mar 19, 2020.

1. werase643

werase643 Member

Mr Mindless, thanks please keep posting for me.... otherwise it's just me.... bashing me for doing stupid stuff.... which is all gud with me actually.... but pics make it a lil better.

2. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Happy to help out! Keeps me a smidge more involved over on this site than I'd otherwise be since my Mitz is just playing garden cart right now (and damn if it isn't GREAT at that job!) without anything interesting going on.

3. werase643

werase643 Member

been running it up and down the street working out lil kinks. got a pioneer mixmaster stereo installed and made an oak trim piece for the dash.... it needed to be 3/8-1/2 inch thick to help hold the radio surround.... got new battery installed. it is now a viable farm truck.... things to work on.... make new hinge for glove box, battery hold down, floor mat, peck out a couple dents, seats(fix or recover), start detailing the chassis with chassis black. fix the brake light switch. swap back to the mitz stock springs.... last night i hooked up a garmin GPS and did a speed run.... road sux .... but got a steady 70mph..... still need tachometer and the springs are way tooooooo stiff bounced all over the place.

4. jjh221

jjh221 New Member

ive got some reading to do tonight lol

5. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

dash lookin pretty pimp!

Attached Files:

6. werase643

werase643 Member

Swapped the Cushman front coil springs for mighty mitz ones thinking they might be a bit softer.....since the mitz is smaller and lighter than the Cushman van .....newp. got some anti fatigue Mat from horrible freight. 9 bucks....and made a template of the floor....not perfect but I like it gud enough. New top speed on the crappy road.....73..... Might try to find a less crappy road next time.

7. werase643

werase643 Member

today.... made a battery hold down out of an Aluminum door threshold. swapped out the yellow springs for the other ones after i cut a coil off. tightened the drivers side front wheel brg. installed the wheel spacers and cleaned and installed the 14 inch white honda rims. did a quick rear frame paint job....and installed the cargo box on the right side. got invited to a race at VIR sat.... gunna take the truck as a pit vehicle.... hope they let me take it out on the track during lunch.... wish me luck.... guess i need to charge the battery for the video camera......... pics might show up sooner or later.

8. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Is it sooner or is it later? only werase knows

Looking sharp!

Attached Files:

9. werase643

werase643 Member

crap.... no lunch break rides at the track....

10. werase643

werase643 Member

well the Dyno run was anti climactic ...... 3rd gear 27squirrel power.... 4th gear 26 squirrel power..... the exhaust is really restrictive... i now have a baseline of the lack of power.... but the lack of power hauls ass at 73mph..... near future..... tachometer..... wide band O2 sensor...... free flowing exhaust.... stock is 4.... inch and a quarter to 2 inch and a quarter ex manifold.... to a double inch and a quarter to single inch and a quarter exhaust pipe...... engine is rated for 58 at... 5500 rpm.....per JIS... japan industry standard..... they lie....

11. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

50% driveline loss seems high for a manual trans. I'd figure 25ish% loss in 1:1 gear.

Attached Files:

12. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

VIR pics.
    no direct video uploads here. nothing too crazy, 20 second dyno pulls - if there's interest, I can drop them on my youtube.

Attached Files:

Limestone likes this.
  13. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

So what are you thinking? Changing, in the gearing? To improve ratio?

14. werase643

werase643 Member

install tacho... so i can not over rev. build a new exhaust that is bigger than 1 1/4 inch diameter.... i'm thinking 2- 2 1/4 into a free flowing motorcycle muffler. run a wide band O2 sensor to get the jetting optimal.... maybe port the intake to remove the restriction there

15. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Gotchya!

16. werase643

werase643 Member

well..... installed a cheep 2 inch tacho.... got three tachos sitting side by side.... a wrap around on the #1 coil wire... the 2 inch and a 3 3/8 sunpro. at idle.... about 100 high ..... at 5000... probably 500 high.... good enough for now.

17. werase643

werase643 Member

today was get a 2 1/4 inch exhaust day... had to neck it down to 2 inch at the muffy.... used my old 87 GSXR750 V&H AL can. also got the O2 bung installed.... ordering the wide band O2 gauge. thinking about wollowing out the intake and port match the intake to the 40MM carb.... now it revs pretty gud.... time to think about the rear gears....

18. werase643

werase643 Member

got bored the other weekend.... built a trashpit rear bumper for the truck. i want to protect the fuel tank. do i want to pull a horse trailer.... NO. got a perfect hitch assy out of a junk pile at a local shop as they were moving out. cut/grind/weld/grind paint.... took about $15 bucks in supplies to fab and 3-4 hrs in time... turned out pretty gud. pics might follow if Mr Mindless gets my PM.... i just wanted to show how easy it is to make stuff with a mig welder and a 4 1/2 angle grinder....and a cordless drill.

19. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Sorry for these likesly ending up in a goofy order

Attached Files:

20. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

I haven't put a hitch on mine yet, so glad to see one idea of how to mount one!

Attached Files:

21. werase643

werase643 Member

one of the rear tires kept going flat..... so i pinched a pair of 215/60-13 legends race car take offs onto the dodge colt stock AL rims.... ..... meaty