1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures are not posting

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by GR.mike, Apr 25, 2008.

1. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

I upload the pictures that I want and it sayd that they have been added....but no sign of them anywhere. What am I doing wrong? I have only got 2 pictures to load and show up.

2. jpfanne

jpfanne Member

Same thing here Mike. I've been trying forever.....didn't want to sound like an idiot and ask though. But...since you asked, I'll join in the shame.

Jeff

3. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Did you upload them to a post or the gallery?

4. kmoneil

Test upload.

This is a test upload to a post.

Attached Files:

5. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

My photos have been too big to insert into messages but I have had no trouble putting photos into the gallery. There are no limits on size of the photos or number of photos. More people need to post their pics there. I often see one interesting photo of something and would like to see more.

Sam

6. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

in the gallery. I have not tried to put anything a post. I figured that it wouldn't work for me either.

7. Jake Rivers

Jake Rivers New Member

how come we can not post the photos in the messages?

8. kmoneil

What are the sizes of the images you're trying to upload?

9. Jake Rivers

Jake Rivers New Member

these are just small pictures, I am not trying to upload anything

It seems the edit features are disabled in box, and will not allow me to link a picture.

10. kmoneil

Are you using the quick reply at the bottom? If so, you don't have the option to upload pictures you can only link to them with this --> [​IMG] icon. If you want to upload images to the message you will need to click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom.

11. ibkg

ibkg Member

I can't see any photos on this site not even in my own gallery all I see is the title of the photo but no picture

12. kmoneil

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  13. ibkg

ibkg Member

I am using Firefox 3.0 and I also have IE 7 I can't see any pics in either one all other features of the site work just fine

14. kmoneil

Hmm are you anywhere there is a picture filter? I had one guy couple days ago with the same issue. He was at his work and they filtered all the images out.

I'm also using firefox 3 and I can see every image.

15. ibkg

ibkg Member

No pic filter here I'll check the settings in Firefox and my security software Thanks

16. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

ibkg,

Very good photos. Bumper with hitch receiver looks very practical.

Sam

17. steelyron

steelyron Member

I can see the picture attachments,but they will not open. I log in, and then I can't see the attachments to open them. I'm Foxfire 3.0 if that helps.

18. ibkg

ibkg Member

I got my problem figured out I had to adjust my firewall settings now I can see the pictures and thanks Samurai for the comment on my bumper. KG

19. kmoneil

If you don't mind, could you please post what you changed so that if anyone else has this problem they could try it.

Thanks!

20. ibkg

ibkg Member

I had Firefox set to allow cookies from minitrucktalk.com but my firewall was blocking cookies from minitrucktalk.com I am using CA personal firewall all I had to do was add minitrucktalk.com to the exceptions list under the privacy tab for cookie control in my firewall to always allow cookies and that solved my problem. KG

21. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey, pebble. Yea, I read that post of yours. You can make it happen, listen, learn, reconfirm. Given enough time, we can all figure anything out. Even so for this picture stuff. You see how I dragged your post over here...

How to make a picture work.
    Add infinitum. There are a thousand ways to do anything, this is no exception. A few things to become familiar with:
    File type, file size, file hosting location, local vs global
    Start with the basics and learn from there.

Here is a place to start from.
    View your picture file in a viewer with an "actual size" button. Like "picture viewer". You want to have an actual "file size" "formated" that is the size of the screen (your computer screen) or smaller. There is no need for bigger, bigger than the screen..right?
    You can do this a few ways, one would be at the time of taking the picture with the use in mind. Snap a few at the different quality settings on your camera. 1STAR, 2STAR, 3STAR etc. then put those on the viewer (on the computer) and view at "actual size"...one of those settings may work for you. #2...you can resize the "actual size" in a simple program like PAINT, very powerful program if you know how to use the "tweeks", it works at the most basic level of pic files, and can also load a pic file as one type...and save it as another...bit to j-peg...always use j-peg.
    Now that the pic fits on your screen, and is of the proper type..j-peg (faster image loads..etc)
    Now you want to "host" it. Basically means to have it out on the net somewhere, where it can be referenced or cashed, by means of a URL, or address. In this example HERE, I have a double host...use the insert image button at the top to upload to the posting page for hosting..that's that little guy down there at the bottom...this will now get auto referenced to your albums section. If you go to manage attachments, you will see it listed there via thumb-nail. This is how you pull up the hosted URL, ether or, but usually I just use the little guy down there, open him in a new tab, and copy the tab URL...cu'z that's where the file is being hosted...come back to the posting, insert image again, this time from URL, local reference (no check)....

Starting to bore myself now, but hopefully that's enough to get you started, and you can learn some tricks from there...again, there are a thousand ways to do this pic stuff.

SnapShot-111.jpg