1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics From Acty Manual

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by d rock, Nov 10, 2007.

1. d rock

d rock Member

these pix show a couple pages from the Acty owners manual

Attached Files:

2. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Great post, thanks for the pics. I have them saved to my HD and will hang on to them for sure.
    If you ever scan more, please feel free to post ;)
    -mark

PS
    There is nothing by chance on the carburetor in the manual is there?

3. d rock

d rock Member

sorry- nothing on the carb in there. lots of dorky cartoon guys though :)

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Neat. 7500 RPM redline verified. Now if we could only get a few Actys here with the tach gauge panel.

5. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Agreed! With all these trucks floating around, we're bound to see one with a tach. I think it may have just been the acty vans that had it thou???

d rock, is there a page with the oil capacity and coolant capacity, ext?

Thanks again!
    -mark

6. d rock

d rock Member

there may be a page showing capacity for the fluids but my ability to read japanese is nonexistent! :)
    sorry.

7. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

8. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Would it be worthwhile to get some pages translated? If enough people are interested, we could do it here and charge a minimal fee for it. Any thoughts?

9. d rock

d rock Member

since this is only an owners manual and not a service manual i don't think its really worth the effort to scan and translate. most of the manual is how to turn from defrost to floor heat and to pull over if you have a flat (shown on the cartoons). Nothing really useful...

10. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

You're right. I know a few members here have been trying to source English manuals for different models.

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to get someone to translate service manuals. While translation is expensive in Japan, if there is enough demand, we could sell the "translation" (avoiding copyright laws I hope).

11. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

I have owners manuals for Suzuki and Mitsu that show fluid capacities near the back of the books. Even if you don't read Japanese, if you can find a couple of pages in there that are divided up into a bunch of columns, you might notice some parts that have 10W-30 (or other common oil weight) or NGK (with numbers following for a spark plug) or numbers followed by km or kg. If you find some pages that you think might fit the bill, scan and post them, and I'd be happy to help with what the capacities are.

-Hiram

12. d rock

d rock Member

cool, will have another look...

13. oldmiller8

oldmiller8 New Member

Oil & Coolant capacities.

Hey folks, I've been looking at autodata (UK copy) and according to that, 10w-40 oil - 2.8 litres & coolant - 5 litres.

Hope this helps.

Checkout this link for more info:

http://www.mainspot.net/car/honda/Ho895635.pdf

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  14. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

b.e.a.utiful!
    -mark

PS
    i tried the PDF link, but it was denied? Any idea why?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  15. oldmiller8

oldmiller8 New Member

Maybe try updating your Adobe reader. Just a thought.

16. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

17. d rock

d rock Member

noticed under "Fuel" it says "91". Anyone out there running 91 octane? seen a benefit? i know some military guys who have brought scooters back from Japan and immediately has issues with the fuel here.

18. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

I've been running 91 in mine, and I've tried 87 as well. Truthfully, there was no noticeable difference. When i was running 87, there was no noticeable pinning either. I just run 91 because i figure its a small displacement motor and higher octane might help, should there be any pinging.
    Take care,
    -mark

19. LIL JPF

LIL JPF New Member

Honda Acty Manuel

HEY MAN , do you have the rest of the manuel that helps some but the whole thing would be freakin' awesome

20. Jakester

Jakester Member

My '95 acty came with three original manuals. One is the standard owners manual with all the pics and another one might be the warrenty book. I don't know what the other is. I have a friend whose wife is Japanese. she would translate for us.

21. LIL JPF

LIL JPF New Member

help with the repair and service manuel

thanks for the reply , is there any way for you to load the pics or the whole thing on this site or maybe scan it and email me directly, any help will be most respected and if you need anything i'd love to help. most of my experience is trail and error but that takes time and my wife is ready for me to sell my mini because of all the trail and error time i have been spending. thanks man!!!

22. Richard

Richard New Member

Where things are...

I just got my 93 honda acty sdx 2wd with AC on labor day and this is the first chance I've had to crawl around under it. I took the seats out to clean the cab. Wherever it came from in Japan must have been loaded with diesels 'cause it was really oily-grimy. Anyway, thought I'd actually point out where some things are located for all the other novices -- it took me a while to find them: Radiator: I actually seem to have two radiators - one for the A/C. If I had looked at the posts in this thread, I would have seen the "real" one up front. There is a stopcock on the lower right corner -- but the cap is inside the cab, under the dash on the passenger side -- it is in its own teardrop shaped housing, with a plastic cap on top and a metal cap with thumbscrew under that. Appears difficult to fill. We'll see. My A/C radiator is connected to the front radiator and that is attached to the overflow bottle it is located between the spare tire and the battery. Brake Fluid: located inside the dash -- open the driver's door and look on the side of the dash, there is a panel that comes off and there's the fluid resivoir. Dipstick: look at the pictures posted in this thread -- located on the inside of the wheelwell for the left rear tire. Oil fll spout: left rear corner like a gas cap (good thing it says "OIL") Air filter: inside its 3-snap housing accessable from rear on left side. Chassis number: Mine is in two places - a metal tag on the side of cab near the passenger's left foot and under the drivers seat on the wheelwell near the driver's right heel.

What I don't know: What is radiator capacity with the A/C radiator. Guess I'll drain it and find out. Where are the fuses are? Not where I thougt, "Surprise -- it was the brake fluid!" What goes in the spiffy little area under the cover on in the center of the dash? I'm guessing a clock? What is the correct tire profile? Mine say 145R12 -- I'm guessing 145/80R/12 - same size as a geo metro? But mine are light truck tires -- any source?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  23. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

Loaded with Diesel soot

All of these little trucks have sat for a long period of time, and much of this time is spent on or near the docks. The ships belch an oily soot that sticks to everything. I also strongly recommend flushing the gas tank right away

Standard fuel in Japan is 100 Octane......so use 91 all the time.

Fuse block is under the steering wheel.

Use a funnel with a 12 inch piece of hose to top off the rad. It helps to remove the storage shelf which is screwed on with 4 fasteners.

The AC rad and the engine rad do not share any fluids, only the cool air that passes through both. The overflow bottle is for the engine rad only. The Honda has 2 bleed screws on top of the engine that need to be cracked to release the air if you plan on flushing the coolant. Ohterwise she will overheat immediately.

Feel free to search through this website to answer all these questions and more.

Chuck in Indy

24. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Tire size

145R12 equals in theory to 145/82R12. In Japan they make proper "LT" truck tire for these units
    with both 6 and 8 ply sidewalls, this is usually what they are shipped over with.
    Due to tire companies not being interested in such a small # of replacement tire market they
    have not had them marked on the sidewall for NA use - so you won't find them on the shelf
    at the local tire store.

So you options are:

a) Use 145/80R12 or 155/80R12 on stock rims. Available in Canada at Walmart or
    Canadian Tire - they are just basic tires nothing special. Not sure on USA Walmart.
    e-bay: There have been postings lately of this size with not bad winter tread and someone
    on forum is trying them out.
    Just to note: the guy does not answer qusestions AT ALL no response so I personally wouldnt buy from if your in Canada.

b) Go to 14" rims - This opens up a whole new playing field. This will give you better load ratings than the 12" available and more tread options
    Rather than repost all the info just start searching for posts - theres probably 3 or 4 long posts on this. Search button is along the top bar.

25. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

12 tires at Wal Mart

US Wal Marts no longer carry a 12 inch tire. They ran a close out sale about 6 months ago and sold off all their remaining stock. 12 inch tires are starting to dribble into the tire suppliers right now. My supplier right now has about 25sets in stock of 145/80 x 12 inch Kuomos. Tire Rack is also expecting a shipment any day according to my guy.

Chuck in Indy