1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet peeve--Empty Member Profile!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by MichTrucks, Jan 12, 2009.

?

Should forum members add name, location, etc. to their Profile?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2009.
  1. Great idea

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Reasonable idea

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. There are good reasons why I don't do this

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Idea stinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

How many times does a member make a statement, ask a question or generally respond to a posting and you go have a look at their profile. You find an empty profile: No name, no location, no indication of anything.

I know that's probably a good idea in other forums. I just feel we owe each other some basic stats about ourselves. While a few do this and I applaud you, there are others that don't. I vote that you voluntarily add some STUFF to your member profile.

2. ukmicro

ukmicro Member

I think its reasonable to at least say roughly where you are and which vehicle you have.In my case saying I'm in the UK at least tells people that any replies expected to questions can be some time due to Time Zone differences.

3. Subaru

Subaru Member

That is 1 of many pet peeves I have with certain members on this site:frustration:

I would also like to see a 1 month expire on for sale ads.If it sells,get the mods to delete the ad:D
    Especialy for non paying members.

Better go make sure my profile is up to snuff:rolleyes:

4. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea, I,m with you on the expiration of ads.

5. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

Completed profile

I am for the completed profile so that I can personally give everybody hell that incorrectly spells RECEIVE.

Seriously, the Internet, as we all know, is a faceless and impersonal place. By allowing the group to understand, in some small way, where you are from etc. removes some of that impersonal feel most blogs have. For me, this is one of the most civil and friendly groups that I belong to, and for that I thank you all

6. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

How about a pet peave of not being able to add to your own wanted threads or no way to ask a question in the "help sections?

7. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Sounds like one heck of a good idea!
    Thanks for all the help this site has provided
    May all your trails be entertaining!!!;)

8. prw512

prw512 New Member

just up-dated my profile! add some photos of snow plowing in northern MN with my Suzuki. Great site i check it every day. Thanks to all Phil

9. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm...you can't? I'll forward a note to Kevin.

I have to admit that I'm a fan of having of having your first name in your sig. Yes, my real name is Keith. I can't help but feel that it helps keep the level of discourse a little more civil.

10. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I understand your what you mean about the want ads. The reason the want ads are for supporters only is because in the past it provided an open invitation to non-supporting members to post their products. If you need something you should always contact the site sponsors first, more than likely they will have what you need.

Now... The second part of your peave. I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to ask a question in the help sections?

-Greg

11. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

What are you needing help on?

12. getinold

getinold New Member

not a biggie but a lot of people exchange "then" (which refers to time) with "than" (which usually refers to a choice). i'll bet some of my bad habbits annoy them too. like bad spelling,punctuation,and grammar.

13. I tend to be protective of my personal information. Not trying to be antisocial, I just have an ingrained distrust of the internet and technology.

[​IMG]