1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

performance mods

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by chevynut69, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Excellent! What are you waiting for lol get her out and please let me know how she feels:) yeah your most definitely gonna have to set your timing up a few degrees but it'll be worth it and not that big of a job. I've had nothing but "issues sense I got my newer 99 carry. I just changed the tranny fluid yesterday with Pennzoil platinum 75w-90 gl4 and it's running worse than ever. Gears grinding, power loss lol it seems like I can't win ffs! But fingers crossed and high hopes for you pal keep me posted please

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I'll be takin her out in an hour or so.

3. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

OK had her out and stretched her legs.
    Prior 60k was 45 80k was 60
    Had it to 100k but on level it could maintain 90-95
    But I have my Snows on right now and when I go back to my street tires I will get the GPS set back up and give you real numbers!

4. Awesome, what inch are your snow tires? Did it feel nice with your new carb set up or do you think adjusting the timing is needed? Maintaining 95 is a pretty good number for a carbureted carry with bigger tires, could you notice much if any torque gain? What year is your carry?

5. Do you have any other pics of your truck, I'd love to see what she looks like. I like your profile pic, pretty sweet but not enough truck in the pic, but what I can see I really like, good job for sure

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

24"
    165-75R14
    So far so good.
    I want to pull the plugs and check the jetting and the timing.
    Will straight manifold vacuum to distib work?

7. matt167

matt167 Active Member

depends on how the distributor advances. With 'normal' distributors, ported vs manifold vac is always an argued preference and both work but perform differently. Not knowing how it will react, it is for sure worth a shot

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

It wasn’t until the emissions era started in the seventies that they started using ported vacuum to the distributor. So, yes direct will work, but some of the emissions may be off, and if catalytic converter is still in there muck it up.

9. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Never had a Cat.
    Have no EGR
    got Vac to front Dif , the brake booster and the canister for gas tank
    It is I have the vac adv on the port just in front of the butterfly?
    I have not played with the dist Yet, that is another question?
    The 90 deg is just that a add on, it could simply be removed?
    Or will it just rev the fire order?

10. matt167

matt167 Active Member

You should put a timing light on it. The spec should be on the japan emissions tag. Google translate will decipher the tag easilly.

11. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Just for clearance sake I want to remove the 90 turn on the distributor, relocating it just straight off the end of the cam.

12. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I advanced the timing a little but still stumbles bad at low rpm
    How to adjust the accel pump?

13. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Gave up on the HD 40mm I think it is just too big!

14. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Im starting a new thread with a new idea, please join and help me

15. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I finally got the newer F10a Carry Carb on with an adapter plate ( the clock is different as well as C/C slightly)
    It seems to be too lean as the exhaust was very hot and now is discolored, and no top end.
    If I ever get this straight it should be fast?
    It has lots of low end, lights tires in second gear.
    But only topped at 50 by GPS and recorded top is 64mph.