1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who scam ad's

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Windmill, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Windmill

Windmill Member

I say we find these people who post this trash and drag them behind our trucks thru the mud.............................. Backwards lolololoololololol:frustration:

2. 93mit

93mit Member

+1 on that

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, They got us good that time.

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Today's attack must be a record for our site. Way to go Greg!

5. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Yeah think it was. I had db errors they took all my db connections. Bastards! :D

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

back when i used to mod a forum using this kinda layout we had it locked down and everything so mods could say who joins or not, but the buggers would sign up and put tons of spam in the info boxes etc... still had to weed them out that way..

7. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it should setup that new members have to type in a random verification code for the first 25 posts. Like the codes you have to type in on online ticket sites. I know it would be a pain for new members but it might weed out the spammers.

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

That's a pretty neat idea. I get tired of those "print what's in the box" type verifications that I have to do on some sites (like any Blogspot blog) but if you only had to do it for a certain number of times, that wouldn't be bad at all.

Two more spammers with 4 posts each this morning. The first thing I do in the morning is fire up "New Posts" and scan down the user names. 99% of the time the spammers have user names that are total gibberish. Open one post by them, see what it is, select all posts by that user and bust out the ban hammer!

9. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

x2

on another forum i'm on, you have to sign up and be approved by the admin (or maybe the mods can) before you can post. and until you are approved you can only lurk, but only on certain sections.

10. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I could enable the new user mod, would be a easy fix.

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

still gotta find a way to keep spam accounts with spam information out to.

12. zardoz

zardoz Member

got hit again.... check out "homeloans86"