1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts Problem!

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by mjseiler, Nov 28, 2007.

1. mjseiler

mjseiler New Member

I have a 1997 Susuki Carry. VIN #DD51T-486469. The front of my truck has a grill/hood cover with the Susuki emblem on it that conceals the radiator cap. You must pop it off to gain access to add water or anti freeze to the radiator. I need ALL (a full set) of the clips that make it snap into the truck body and hold it on. I have no idea where to get them, what they cost, or if there is a better way? Your time and help is appreciated. I am a new truck owner and just trying to get this thing together............Mike

2. swoop

swoop Member

Have you tried scavenging the "Help!" parts rack at your local Autozone or Advance Auto Parts? I'm not sure if this will help (no pun intended), but I know they have a fairly good selection of odd-ball clips, brackets, fasteners, etc.

Let me know what you find out. I've got the same problem, although only 1 clip is broken on mine (not enough to worry about yet).

Later,
    Swoop

3. We can help....We are a Land Based Used Car and Truck Dealership located in the Heart of Southern Illinois. Established in 1993, By Jimmy Johnson, Jeannie Johnson, and "BJ" Johnson and continues to be Family owned and operated. Selling Japanese Mini Trucks, Mini Truck Parts, CamoClad Products, Lift Kits, Bumpers, and Accessories for Japanese Mini Trucks. One Truck or a Truck Load. We are Direct Importers.
    http://www.mactownminitrucks.com

4. De-icer

De-icer Member

Dude, go to fastenall they have every clip, bolt, washer, nut, etc.. ever made available. I think they have retail locations everywhere, we have one here in Fremont and they even carry most of the automotive plastic fasteners as well.

5. mrhempingtonsr

mrhempingtonsr New Member

Use the overflow bottle/closed system

If just adding water or antifreeze, you should add to the overflow bottle as the cooling system is "closed" meaning the radiator is completely full at all times. The "overflow" bottle has lines moulded in showing the low and high marks. When the water is heated it expands, the excess going to overflow, when cooled, it pulls back into the radiator. Only time radiator car should come off is when changing water/antifreeze.

6. milmor88

milmor88 Member

Just do like i did..swap out that metric bolt for a 3/8" coarse thread carriage bolt, a fender washer and wing nut,...i also used a piece of rubber roofing (similar to that on trailer houses) and cut it in an X pattern as a washer that would hold the bolt on, see attached, I never used any of the other parts, just these two bolts and it looks great.

Attached Files:

7. rugerman

rugerman Member

I just bought a set from G and R imports. $30 for the set and they come with I think two or three extra clips in case of breaking one in the future.

8. rugerman

rugerman Member

Milmor, that looks great, nice work.