1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts interchange

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by JRinTX, Jun 1, 2007.

1. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

What parts have you found that are readily available for these trucks from local parts houses? Air cleaner elements, spark plugs, oil filters, brake pads or shoes, etc.

For instance, I have been told that a Wix 42143 Air filter will work in a Suzuki. I have tried this one and found that it does not seal in the bottom of the housing. The bottom of the filter housing has some ribs that gusset the sides of the housing to the bottom for reinforcement. The 42143 is larger in diameter than the original filter, so it interferes with these ribs and stands off the bottom face of the housing by about 1/8". This allows dirty air to bypass the filter, directly into the carb.
    I am trying a couple of different filters to find one that works.

Alot of parts on these trucks can be interchanged, it just takes some work to cross them over. Lets share the info we have found.

2. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

geo metro parts

do any Metro parts fit? it's a 1.0 3 cyl i'm looking for a smaller motor for one of my metros.

3. jimstractors

jimstractors New Member

Oil filter for carry is a wix 51344
    Jim

4. jimstractors

jimstractors New Member

There is a clutch shop http://www.clutchmasters.com/shop/ that rebuilt a Suzuki Carry pressure plate and clutch disc for $150.00. They are in California, but you can give them a call and probably UPS the parts back and forth.
    Jim

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Here's a link to a guy posting some parts interchanges for Kei trucks. The information may be useful although this is a great example of how NOT to do a website. Kevin? This guy needs some assistance! :(

6. jliltd

jliltd Member

Careful. Almost none of the cross-referenced air filters will work properly in these little trucks. They will look like they fit okay, but in fact will allow dirt by since they are slightly different. In a pinch, with the square variety, you can use the cross-reference but you had better seal around the perimeter of the filter / box interface with aluminum HVAC adhesive tape or similar. These trucks cannot take any dust or dirt in their intakes without causing major damage. For the Suzuki round elements there is a fellow who offers a conversion kit for a common American filter. He has to know if you have the long or short version and mandates you ship it to him for the first truck, at a minimum.

This cross-reference list has been circulated for some time and has caused some grief (like the cheap lift kits do).

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm...Good feedback. This brings up a point which is off topic but I gotta say it anyways.. One of the thing that I've noticed as I've trawled the web looking for information on Kei trucks is that there is a LOT of "borrowed" information out there. You'll see the exact same picture of a truck on a number of websites. Or the EXACT same verbage to, for instance, describe the differences between the truck brands ("it's like Chevy vs. Ford") cut and pasted...complete with the typos. Yesterday I found a website that had posted the "history of Kei Class trucks" (which I originally found here) seemingly as their own. This DOES make me want to ignore some of these guys and pay attention to the dealers that have a more professional web presentation. Not that a web site is the be all and end all....I don't want to imply that at all.... but when I see a lot of pictures and text that I know aren't original, it makes me questions their experience and/or intent. For instance (to drag this back on topic), in this case a more useful chart would be something that was prefaced with "Here are the part interchanges that we have personally found to work for the following vehicles". PHEW! End of rant.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  8. Cape Ape

Cape Ape Member

cross reference

Ditto on the whole mis-info thing.

There are also better plugs than this chart shows. I will see if I can get those numbers up at some point.

9. Colin

Colin Member

I believe the filter shown in many of these interchange lists for the Sambar is inaccurate. When I got my truck, it had the Wix 51358 filter on it, but I did some digging on Wix's European-market application guide online (they don't have an Asian-market guide available) and found a 500-something cc Sambar uses the same filter as most Subaru EJ-series engines. Have the parts guy look up an '03 Forester 2.5L.

The Forester-style filter is larger in diameter than the 51358, so removal of the brace under the engine is necessary to change it. Once the brace is replaced (two bolts), it does not interfere with the filter.

Colin

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  10. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

I have a chart with the right cross referances on parts. I will post it when I get the chance.

11. jliltd

jliltd Member

Great. Anybody know what the spark plug replacement for a 1998 Carry (660cc)? The ones I have tried, via trial and error, have too large a base hex area for a socket to fit around them and clear the valve cover. Suggestions?

12. homer

homer New Member

Should Be A Tag Under Drivers Seat Its In Japanese But On The Bottom It Should List A Ngk#dcpr7e Nipondenso #xu22epr-u

13. djmoe

djmoe New Member

tuneup parts for Carry

here the actual tuneup parts I used on my 92 carry hope it helps
    Air Filter Fram CA568
    Fuel Filter WIX 33470
    Oil Filter NAPA 1360 / WIX 51360
    Spark Plug NGK DCPR7E / NGK 3932

14. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

djmoe
    Your numbers are good used all those here.

15. KAMworks

KAMworks New Member

is there a cross reference number for the rotor and points on a Suzuki F5A?

16. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

Suzuki rotor&cap

The cap and rotor for 550cc and 660 cc Suzuki you have to get from Japan, or a dealer that brings them from Japan. We have tried to order them from Suzuki in Canada. No luck.

17. weedstomper

weedstomper New Member

WHAT about plug wires ngk part # ?