1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts catalog for S80/81P in English

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by sherlock2002, Sep 15, 2010.

1. sherlock2002

sherlock2002 New Member

Just got a parts catalog for S80/81P in English and if anyone wants me to scan any pages for them, I'll be glad to and then I'll post them here for everyone to see. There is a shortage of good manuals and catalogs around.
    I plan to scan the whole catalog from front to back in a pdf for all to see, for free! A lot of the manuals or catalogs on the net are not complete, giving pictures and not the part numbers, it is like taking a boat out to sea without any oars!
    I'll keep you posted to how the scanning is going.
    Just going to make a cup of tea and have a good read.

2. dowhat

dowhat Member

thanks for doing this

3. hsecln

hsecln New Member

help

You sound like you might be able to help me. I just got jumbo hijet, and trying to find out the year and engine size, S80LP. that is the same as yours is it? what size is that, 550 or 660?

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

S80 can either be a European version with a 1.0litre 3 cyl. or the other version would be 550cc...is it 2 or 4wd?,and where are you located...thanks for the parts manual that would be sweet

5. dowhat

dowhat Member

hsecln,

My Hijet is a 550. I posted parts used on it in this thread, www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=8530.

There are great manuals in the Daihatsu reference section posted by MGeorge1972, 6-8 of them I think.

6. hsecln

hsecln New Member

It is a early 90? jumbo left hand side 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive. Would you know where I could get the bottom window channel for the door?

7. hsecln

hsecln New Member

Just getting ready to take the engine out. I see the are 3 sets of bolts on both sides to take the shield off. Would like infor on how to take the shield , motor and any thing else that needs to come out. my email is hsecln@yahoo.com.

8. hsecln

hsecln New Member

Okay we are getting ready to pull our 92 S80 engine. Need to know how to go about it. I know the shield over the engine has to come out. Need to know what needs to be unhooked to pull it out. Pictures and info would be appreciated.

9. Fireman_alarm

Fireman_alarm New Member

help

where can i get a good catlog for 1995 daihatsu hijet, for part and body parts need help some one get back to me on facebook fireman_alarm@live.com or email thanks

10. Fireman_alarm

Fireman_alarm New Member

where can i get a good catlog for 1995 daihatsu hijet, for part and body parts need help some one get back to me on facebook fireman_alarm@live.com thanks

11. Alfatrucker

Alfatrucker New Member

I also have a 1995 s80 hijet truck. It did not have a radiator when i bought it. Im trying to find a pic of the radiator in the catalog, or part number. Does anyone know if a later year radiator fits. I believe that this radiator has an outlet for the heater. Does anyone have a pic of the actual radiator? Thanks

12. f15larryj

f15larryj New Member

Hey i have a s80 also and having a similar problem mine didnt have a starter and i cant find any numbers, When i get a chance i can crawl under mine and see if i can get some clear shots for you

13. rosenthal30

rosenthal30 New Member

Need Hijet Parts manual

Hi Sherlock 2002,

Did you ever create the pdf you mentioned.

If so please let me know how to access it for teh Hijet parts manual.

Thanks

Rick Rosenthal
    rosenthal30@gmail.com

14. threepot

threepot New Member

I too would really like this parts catalogue as I have quite a large archive of Hijet literature.

15. sherlock2002

sherlock2002 New Member

Haven't uploaded the whole manual. Post a few pages for people who wanted a specific page. Will try and do it this summer, time allowing. If you need a certain page let me know and I'll copy it. Been too busy over the last couple of years!

16. threepot

threepot New Member

Please could you email what pages you have already scanned?

admin@daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Recently I've had someone who's trying to get hold of front drums but failed to find any new here in the UK, so he might be swapping over to the s85 hubs, dampers, callipers discs etc.

So any parts catalogues for the s80 s81 era stuff would be very helpful over and over again. Even in Japanese or anything really!!

17. MiniTruckCentral

MiniTruckCentral New Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  18. threepot

threepot New Member

Oh you master oracle.

I have seen all that stuff.

Doesn't mean this guy doesn't have something different on paper.

Daihatsu used different parts in different markets.

Your attitude stinks.

19. MiniTruckCentral

MiniTruckCentral New Member

Wow!

Not the kind of response I expect. My apologies if I offended you. Was trying to help.

You made me feel bad so I cleaned it up.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  20. threepot

threepot New Member

Sorry for the flippant answer, please don't be disheartened.

Thanks for posting the links,

All the best, Matt