1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overload springs

Discussion in 'Mazda Scrum' started by Jim Nelson, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I recently bought a 95 Scrum 4x4 and put the dump system from my 2 wd Mitsubishi on it.The way it all ended up the mounting bracket for the dump cylinder ended up farther back and directly over the differential pumpkin and with a heavy load sat right down on it.I did a google search for overload springs and Amazon had some for $36 and free shipping.I had to take the stock springs apart and install this one between the 2nd and 3rd leaves,not a big deal,and they work great.With a big load of dirt there is now a good 2" clearance.It's a little stiffer ride but for me that's not a problem.All and all a great deal if you need a little help with heavy loads.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice. Any chance you could post some pics?

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

wat size springs was it or even better if a link when u can and some pictures

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

If you go to Amazon and search overload springs they will show Superior part #11-1040, they are rated 2000 lbs.You will need to take your existing springs apart to install them and replace the center bolt but it's not a big deal.These lifted the back of my truck about 3".For the money you can't beat them.

Kai likes this.