1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overheating please help

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by chaseoe, May 29, 2012.

1. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

i have a 1995 daihatsu hijet lhd jumbo cab with the 550cc and i put a new radiator it and it still overheats and its not the gauge i checked its overheating and when it warms u i can see coolant bubbing so the water pump and stuff is good i think and the fan runs all the time after it start getting hot what else could it be?

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

make sure the thermostat is opening,and bleed the air from the cooling system.(small bolt on the thermostat housing)

3. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

Did that if its just ideling it fine. Or if you going under 30mph so I checked the timing and that wasn't it etier

4. fupabox

still sounds like an air pocket in the cooling system...did you have the heater on full hot position when you bled it? if not there could be air in that part of the system..higher rpm=higher water pump speeds and that's when air in the system usually makes itself known...If you bled with the heater on full already,and checked the thermostat,I would suspect possibly a blockage in the radiator

5. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

Yeah I did that. And I did the timing to 7degrees and it like doesnt rev up you have to push it slow or it dies out and if you put it at like 10degress it doesnt do that why is that?

6. fupabox

7 degrees is too retarded,but only by a few degrees...as the revs go up the timing needs to increase...your vacuum advance may be a little sticky..or the vacuum hose may be leaking

7. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

I pulled the cap off and sucked on the vacuum advance hose and it work fine.What should the timing be at at a idle?
    Because theres a spot where someone put a scratch and you cant even see the timing mark and it runs perfect but still overheats.

8. fupabox

timing(as per the book) should be 7 degrees +- 2 degrees...@950 rpm....7degrees never worked well for me,nor for the other s83p I've worked on..anything under 9degrees and both ran sluggish..you are checking the timing marks on top of the bellhousing under the square rubber cap ? is it possible your exhaust is blocked partially causing the overheating?

9. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

Yeah on the bell housing.and theres a hole in the muffler that it even leaks out of so i dont think so

10. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

any other ideas?

11. It is from check of a thermostat at first.
    When not improved.
    I check a head gasket.
    A tank is made from a PET bottle like an attachment picture.
    A vinyl tape adjusts the attachment portion to radiater.
    Water hose is intercepted.
    Water is put in and it is engine starting.
    If air bubbles come out forever, damage to a head gasket can be considered.
    One more
    Does a cooling fan operate?

12. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

Checked thermostats.fan works.I didn't understand how to check bad head gasket.

13. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

do you mean around where you put the bottle is where you put the tape?

14. Please adjust a part for the junction of a PET bottle and Radieter on a tape.

15. Please adjust a part for the junction of a PET bottle and radiator on a tape.
    Since I am poor at English, please look at and imagine video.
    Please check one more.
    Is the color of engine oil normal?
    Does water mix and is it white?
    Let's be cautious of a burn.
    Goodluck
    Hiroshi okada

16. Great video tip Hiroshi! Thanx for taking the time to post it.

17. If it was useful to you, I am honorable.
    We are the subdealers of DAIHATSU and HONDA.
    We fix many MINITRUCKs everytime.
    Tell, if there is necessity.

Best regard
    Hiroshi okada
    1-107,MINAMIYOSHIKATA,TOTTORI-City,TOTTORI-Pre,JAPAN 680-0843
    TEL 0857-23-7529
    FAX 0857-21-1148
    E-mail centmoto@pony.ocn.ne.jp
    http://www.centmoto.co.jp/stock-japan/

18. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

it doesnt seem to be head gasket. i dont get it what could it be?

19. Reconfirmation.
    Is the electric fan operating?
    Thermostat
    wATER Leak.
    Is water mixed in engine oil?
    or
    Is engine oil mixed in water?

When RADIETER is equipped with a PET bottle and an engine is put into operation.
    Did your hijet overheat then?
    How much carried out time neglect?
    Did air bubbles come out to the water surface then?
    Was the thermostat removed then?

When your hijet overheats first
    Was the water thermometer shaken off?
    How many the state was continued?

20. PAP_0638.jpg

How is the state of Water Line and Radieter?

21. chaseoe

chaseoe Member

new radiator. no water in oil or oil in water.

22. kegoangoango

kegoangoango Member

There is only one system to cool the engine - water flow. You have a new radiator, new thermostat and good hoses. Therefore, I assume you never have to add coolant (If so, you have a leak somewhere in the system - hose, radiator, head gasket). You say the coolant cooling system (fan) is working. That limits a lot possibilities, almost all!

So, here might be a couple. If the old radiator was rusty or dirty, you could have gotten enough rust/dirt into the flow of the engine and an internal flow port could be blocked. You would need to remove the head to clean it. At that point, you might as well go ahead and have the head resurfaced. A second possibility (although I've only seen this happen on old tractors) is the impeller of the water pump is either not spinning or are wore away (new water pump fixes these problems). You can check these by starting the truck (when cold) without the radiator cap. After the truck heats up, you should see the coolant *flowing* through the radiator, not bubbling.

23. I also think so.

Two more
    When management of cooling water is very bad
    When Pella of the water pump is rusted and lost
    It causes poor circulation of water.

The crack in alignment with the water line of the cylinder
    In this case, cooling water decreases in number.
    It is a case which does not not much have these.
    I have also experienced only several affairs.

img_1809610_60586356_0.jpg

24. MyFirstMini1990s83p

MyFirstMini1990s83p New Member

sorry for jumping in…. I have been searching for a s83p Hijet intake manifold water temperature control valve. New or used. So far no luck. Can I just find a NPT thread and nipple and set it up to flow all the time. My valve was completely clogged and degraded.

Attached Files: