1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Toys You Have

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Streetglide, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Damn, you guys should start a gun club, but only for mini truck owners!

2. starpuss

starpuss Member

this is what your guns is worth ( i got mine for under $700.00 and it works like a new gun. )

COLT DOUBLE-ACTION REVOLVERS
    Model 1877 “Lightning” and “Thunderer”
    The Model 1877 was Colt’s first attempt at manufacturing a
    double-action revolver. It shows a striking resemblance to the
    Single-Action Army. Sales on this model were brisk, with over
    166,000 produced between 1877 and 1909. Chambered for
    two different cartridges, the .38 Colt, known as the “Lightning,”
    and .41 Colt, as the “Thunderer.” The standard finishes are
    blued, with case-colored frame and nickel plate. The bird’s-
    head grips are of checkered rosewood on the early guns and
    hard rubber on the majority of the production run. The barrel
    lengths most often encountered are 2.5" and 3.5" without an
    ejector rod, and 4.5" and 6" with the rod. Other barrel lengths
    from 1.5" through 10" were offered. The Model 1877 holds 6
    shots in either caliber. There were quite a few different variations
    found within this model designation. Values furnished are
    for the standard variations. Antiques made before 1898 would
    be more desirable from an investment standpoint. Note that
    these revolvers have a reputation as “watchmaker’s nightmares”
    and non-functioning examples command substantially
    reduced prices.

Without Ejector, 2.5" and 3.5" Barrel
    Exc. V.G. Good Fair Poor
    3000 2000 800 500 350
    With Ejector, 4.5" and 6" Barrel
    Exc. V.G. Good Fair Poor
    3000 1800 800 750 450
    NOTE: Premium for blued guns add 25 percent. Premium
    for shorter than 2-1/2" add 50 percent. .41 Caliber
    “Thunderer” add 10 percent. Over 6" barrel add 50 percent.
    London barrel address add 20 percent. .32 caliber add 50
    percent. Rosewood grips add 10 percent.

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Cant have enough GUNS

Last week I did a little horse trading and obtained a 30.06 with a mauser action. the barrel was turned and placed on a sport stock. It has a 100.00 Walmart 3x9 Simions scope. The gun is about a 7 on a scale 1 to 10 in looks but sure does lay them in there. To my surprise this past weekend it will became one of my shooters. The pictures tell the tale. First picture, far right was the first shot. After tweaking a little bit the 2 left hits were close enough. Just for the heck of it the 2nd. picture was to see if it was really on. This was 100yrds out. Good enough for the girls I go out with.

Attached Files:

4. TRAX and HORNS

New find

Ok, you gun nuts. Anybody got any clues on what these are. I picked them up at a estate sale over the Holidays. No name, no ser. #, no nothing. Cap and ball is all I know.

Attached Files:

5. starpuss

starpuss Member

i dont know what they are or who there made buy. (are they 31 cal?) , but i had lots of them over the years.

they sell for 200-300 each

i got lots of "new toys" but i am not going to post them seeing its over 40 antique guns in the last 2 months.

6. TRAX and HORNS

40 you got the sickness, better go see the doc.
    Dont know the cal. Looks close to a 30.
    I also picked up another Colt Lighting 38. Ser.#'s match. Its in pretty good condition. You can see the horse with the circle really well above the trigger. Now I need a double holster belt that will fit them.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  7. erixun

erixun Member

Looks like a pair of civil war era duelling derringers to me. Very cool! :cool: I think Turner Kirkland/ Dixie Gun works made something that looked similar to those, but in a 41 cal I think. Take them to a local gunsmith or firearms expert at a museum.

8. JJ3381

JJ3381 New Member

My 2nd love after my wife is my 2008 Rubicon

Attached Files:

9. luluyug

luluyug Member

funny how guns can be worth a lot off cash. two years ago my grand father died and he gave me an old side by side rifle(not a shotgun). i went into a gun store to get ammunition for it and the old guy working there offered me a bundle of cash for it direcly on the spot! that caught my attention so i told him i would think about it. he told me he could order some ammo for it but it would be very expensive for shooting racoons and rabbits. eventually i got a 20 round box off ammo for it (175.00 canadian dollars....) it turned out to be a holland and holland .478 cal with a very rare single triger witch would fire both shots!!!! made in britain around 1904. belivieve me the first time i pulled the trigger on a racoon i only found little bits of it... i sold it for a good amount of cash and bought myself a new truck. the truck was a little less damaging on my shoulder and the side of my face. you guys are lucky down south as for weapons. canada sucks for weapons regulation.

10. TRAX and HORNS

Colt Lighting DA .38cal

Here's the pair, matching ser.#"s on each one. All I need now is a vintage double holster.
    Anybody know exactly what year they were made?
    Ser. # 142648
    " " 147473
    Here is a National Cash Register I picked up at an estate sale about a month ago. Its was built in 1898 and is a Model 356-G. The cool thing is it still works. The bad thing its heavy as you know what. Solid brass.

Attached Files:

11. starpuss

starpuss Member

do you still have it? i would love to see some pic's they sell from $10,000-$200,000

12. starpuss

starpuss Member

your 1877's where both made in 1903. they look to be in nice shape for the year.

i picked up this colt 1892 in 41 cal made in 1895 last week. vg shape for the year. lots of blue left.

and this Real nice French 1892 in Vg shape like new! (made in 1894) in 8mm

(Has to Remove pic's) Server Crash)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  13. TRAX and HORNS

OOOPPPPSSS, Couldnt stand it

There goes the anniversary present.
    Ran across this at a estate sell last week.
    Winchester Model 1894 30-30 oct. barrel, has lost a little blue on the bottom front tube. Otherwise in very good condition. I think its around 70 to 75 %. Ser. # indicates made in 1901. Its amazing to see how well some guns still look after 110 yrs.

Attached Files:

14. starpuss

starpuss Member

i got over 10 new guns in the last month . but this is the best one. Dam Near cost me 1/2 what i paid for my mini truck!!
    Colt 1873 made in 1884 (38 special she shoots factory cowboy action load Real nice. )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. starpuss

starpuss Member

ok.. one more... rossi riot gun in 12Ga 18" barrel this was a cheap gun. (less then 200.00) it's will be my new "truck gun"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Daner

Daner Member

I hope nobody ever tries to "grand theft auto" a minitruck!

these are my toys
    First is a 1966 Honda dream 150cc Dad bought it new in high school all original cept for the rear tire

second is my 1951 IH WD-9 unique engine starts on gas then switches over to diesel came out in '39!

third is mine and my uncles trucks
    fifth is my sled in the back of my mini 2003 800ho highmark xtreme

Attached Files:

17. zardoz

zardoz Member

Dam dude! I want your Honda 150!!! :D :D I'm still hunting for my first "real" street bike ... I want my old 69 CB 350 back :(

z

18. fallon

fallon New Member

Other toys

Mini Sandrail. Honda CBR 900rr, chain drive, suspension seats.
    Started as a bare frame kit from Short Sand Cars in Utah, all suspension pieces, mounting brackets, etc made in my home shop.

Attached Files:

19. Daner

Daner Member

U better get one soon their value is going up! and if you happen to find some handlebars I need one. i guess my aunt took a spill back in the day:eek:

Attached Files:

20. downhere

downhere Member

I'm new to the site but here are a couple of my toy's! The 2009 Renegade is heavily modded for playing in the mud! The 2009 Outlander is my wife's. Both my boy's 10 and 7 are riding DS 90 X's. The 2010 Duramax is my daily! The Guitars are my stress relief. A custom shop Gibson E-335, a custom shop Carvin California top and an Almansa flamenco . The amp is a Line 6 Vetta II.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  21. Daner

Daner Member

You better try repost that. None of your pics came through.

22. dwlb

dwlb Member

Here are our other toys,mine & wife's 400 atv's and 150 for grandson. The 2007 Jeep is my daily driver. Doug

Attached Files:

23. wreck

wreck Member

Here are a couple of my hobbies.
    A shot of the bike from last year. Stuff has changed over the winter but basically the same.
    [​IMG]

Picked one of these up last week.
    [​IMG]

24. TRAX and HORNS

New addition, Remington Elliot, 4 shot ring trigger, derringer .32 cal.
    Build date around 1880 +-.

Attached Files: