1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordering toys for Christmas or anything don't use toys r us.

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by firejonny89, Dec 18, 2012.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Hey guys. I know this is prolly not the right thing to do but I'm gonna post it anyways hope you guys don't delete it.

I still live it home for those that didn't know. My mother ordered from toys r us for my niece's birthday. Most of the stuff that was ordered came in no problem. The main gift a Barbie dream house did not. So she called them like everyone else would right? Anyways they said we don't know why it didn't get shipped not to worry it will be fixed. Waited a week and called back. They said we don't know let's have you c
    Talk to a supervisor. They mess around blah blah we are not sure why it didn't send not to worry we are going to resend on a two day shipping not to worry we have the problem taken care of. At this point I'm already mad and its not even my money. So we wait yet another week for nothing. Nothing came in. So one more call back to the PEOPLE. This time we get sent to the corporate office hey we r making head way yes?? The guy says I'm sorry blah blah the person the week before didn't finish the order that's why it didn't ship that time I will overnight. I am at the corporate office this is as high as you can go I will have this fixed period. So ok sounds about time someone gives a heck hahaha wrong. That was Thursday last week it's Tuesday evening and nothing. The warehouse is in Ohio so not that for from us. So she called back again blah blah we finely get a corporate person again after being hung up on once. Well it says its out of stock. Wait what??????? So while she is on the phone I told her to have them wait one min. I look it up online they are still listed as in stock. So I start yelling across the room (so the guy can hear me) its still bleep bleep in stock online you bleeeeeeeeep. This is not acceptable we there is nothing I can do about it so mom hung up. Now does anyone on here have a good reason why if something was ordered on November 21 before Black Friday and it was in stock then and is now why the ____________ are we still dealing with the bs. So while I'm at work tonight I will be looking up every new stations number and dad will be calling every single one tomorrow once he gets off work. So almost one whole month for nothing and not like it was just one Barbie doll it was a 160 dollar paid for Barbie house.

Sorry for the long story but I had to vent and warn you guys. If you think this is an ok way to run a business feel free to order from them we will never use toys r us again order or the stores.

The worst part of this is my mother is disabled and in a hospital bed at home so she can't go out shopping and she had promised my niece this Barbie house. If she was able to go shopping I would have taken the over an hour drive just for the one thing over this but she can't make the ride. :frustration: ok I'm done venting I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Hope you guys have a merry Christmas coming up soon.

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Man, I've been there. The event horizon of unreasonability.

No amount of reasoning or compromise will bring you a satisfactory result. It's like they're trying to teach you a "lesson", or something.
    and no matter how much work you put into the situation, all you get out of it is BS.

I've developed a "spidey sense" for these situations over the years. When it goes off, I frack-off. Just get right out of there, cu'z it sure ain't worth the blood pressure numbers. After taking this tact up many years ago, I notice people or reps will often seek me out to "re-engage" the situation. Like as if they did not get to frack me over in a satisfactory manner, and want to complete the process.

I'm talking just generally, but after that, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Hang up, or walk away...

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Yea but they still have the 160 bucks and we got zip so walk away no it's getting even time I wonder how they will like being on tv skip the lawyer who can't do crap and go straight to the news one of the local channels has a group of people that deal with stuff just like this as their job to get a story on the air so we will see how that goes

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I feel you, but it ain't worth it.

Just eat it and walk away.

5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Naaaaaa that takes all the fun out of it up to this point maybe but from here on its more of a game for us to play on them plus how do you tell a three year old you just didn't get what you promised when you did everything you could

6. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

7. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Ha nice that's the one she wants alright have to some mom that in the am