In the quest for better cold weather cranking and in anticipation of a snow plow install; I looked into bigger and better batteries. I've used the Optima brand in other vehicles and been pleases with the results. This is going on a 1997 Suzuki DD51B. My first choice was to make as few mods to the existing battery box as possible to make the job go easier and faster. I settled on the Optima model D 51. Specs here: http://www.optimabatteries.com/_media/documents/specs/D51_D51R_082004.pdf This battery will just fit in the existing battery box in a vertical install. Here's how I did it: Cut a slot in the battery tray slightly larger than the diameter of the neg terminal. Then I took a grinder and rounded out a hole that the plastic flange on the battery would fit through. Here's a close up: Next I replaced all the existing cables and connectors to up the size of cable and do away with any old corroded bits. I put a 3/8" thick closed cell foam pad on the left side of the battery and behind to keep it from chafing on the frame. I'd like to find a small nylon strap to tie it down over the top, but it really isn't going anywhere as it is now. Here's the overall of how it looks: Total cost was just under $200 for battery, cable and wiring. It cranks great! runs the dump box and plow well.