1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil light on!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by BLES, May 31, 2008.

1. BLES

BLES Member

Just out putting around the fields and my oil light came on. Check engine light is not on. Is the oil light a pressure or level light? Any idea where the sender(s) is(are)? Oil level is good. Engine sounds good - no noises like when an engine is out of oil/oil pressure. Haven't looked at it yet. Maybe tonight. Thought I'd get pointed in the right area first if anyone knows. Thanks.
    BLES

2. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Oil Pressure my friend.

Shut er down and find the the sender. check it out. if its good, time for an oil pump. I dont know where the sender is off the top of my head....

We have had an engine go on low oil pressure. Driving along, all of a sudden the light comes on, and about 10 seconds later, Kock, knock, knock.... Lost sommething in the bottom end.... havent pulled it apart yet.

3. BLES

BLES Member

Do you keep senders for these? Also, how about windshields? I have a feeling they are gonna be a popular parts item on SK roads. They are so flat! I've noticed there are a lot less bruised windshields in recent years since most vehichles have started raking the windshields substantially for aerodynamics and styling. Flat windshields don't bounce the rocks off too well!! I hope to get a look at it in the next few days.
    BLES

4. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Weve got a Supercharged Subi parts truck complete. So, yeah, got a windshield and sender (used) Engine no good internally though.

Jeremy

5. BLES

BLES Member

Good news!

Finally got a chance to take a peek at my oil light situation. Found the end snapped off the sender (the plastic part) and the wire hanging down. Looks like it fell victim to a stone or something. I was driving on a gravel road when it happened.

Jeremy: Still got that sender available? I'm interested. Plus the windshield. How much for these. Shoot me a message. Also, where in S'toon are you guys located?

BLES

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

sorry to hijack, but is there someone up in stoon that is a dealer?

7. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

That would be us!