1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Filter & Other Parts Cross

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by m_i_k_e, Sep 21, 2008.

1. m_i_k_e

m_i_k_e New Member

hello everyone. i am a new owner of a 1997 Suzuki Carry. The model is V-DD51T and it has the F6A Engine model. I am going through everything on it and doing the routine maintenance so i just thought i would post what i have found so far. first thing i did was oil and i found that a NAPAGold 1394 filter fits it perfectly. I use that filter in just about every asian made product i have (corolla, and all my kawasaki mowers... Etc):) so im not too surprised that it worked.
    tomorrow ill be going on a quest to find an air filter so ill let you know what i turn up with that too.

i also plan on doing a lot more to this truck, lift, tires, wheels and the standard fare so if you have any suggestions on what to use let me know. i plan on using the xroads lift kit. and i will prolly have several sets of tires, for snow street and regular offroad use by the time i get done too.

i also am going to be custom fabbing a mount for the truck for the plow that BOSS makes for the Polaris Rangers, adding a sander, and installing a liquid spraying rig for ice melt. its gonna be a regular snow removal vehicle so ill keep you posted on that as well.

thanks for all the good info here!

2. dmerc

dmerc Member

Welcome! I've had a ball working on mine! Doesn't seem to be much going on around here, but I check the posts everyday, so I'll help when/where I can!:)

The air filter I got was too short, , but apparently there are 2 different ones for Suzi's. But, I was able to make it work. My old one was about 6" long (as I recall) but the new one was 5" +/-

I simply cut some closed cell foam caps for each end, so it would fit nice and tight, and completely seal up.

Anyhow, here's the #'s I had saved.....tho' I ended up getting a Napa, ref'd from the Fram #. Main thing is, check the length!!! And, make sure the rubber intake boot from the carb to filter is good!

BTW, I have the same model/engine, except a '94

Fram CA568,Puro A23196,
    wix 42143, Hastings AF810,Champ AF633

3. m_i_k_e

m_i_k_e New Member

thanks dmerc! ill try those numbers out for sure tomorrow when i got looking! i just got back in from tinkering in the shop, and i think i will more likely than not in the near future end up replacing the whole airbox, intake. it seems a bit too much work to get the filter out and i dont trust that its sealing in there. ill probably end up creating something similar to the cold air intakes i have for my trucks, thats usually one of the first things i add in simply because it makes the filters so much easier to access and it saves money because they can be cleaned. ill post pics if/when i end up doing it, but for now ill just keep it stock if possible.

4. dmerc

dmerc Member

I agree with that. My first thought was get a universal aftermarket air filter box, but had too many other things to get done, and already had the Napa filter in hand.:D The way I did mine, I KNOW it's sealing. Definitely could be easier to get in/out tho'!:p