1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Filter Daihatsu 660cc engine FYI

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by TRAX and HORNS, Apr 28, 2008.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I just pulled off a factory oil filter on a Daihatsu with a 660cc engine. (DAIHATSU # on filter 15601-87204). It measured 1.5 metric picth on threads.. I cross the factory Daihatsu # with Wix filters online and it said 51394. Several people have asked about oil filters. This is what I came up with.
    As soon as I get a Suzuki 660cc with a factory filter I will do the same. and post that info.
    If you want a factory filter I belive Chad Hite can get you one.(search his # in parts) The only relation I have with Chad is I buy a few parts from him.

2. hijet95

hijet95 New Member

Go to fram.com and then parts cataloge for cross refference 51394. a lot of brands.

3. decibles

decibles New Member

I just picked up a filter for a charade daihatsu 3 cylener car and it fit and seems to be working all the mating surfaces appeared correct

4. oldschooltunner

oldschooltunner New Member

The K&N HP-1003 fits my 95 deck van 660cc and has the same bypass PSI as the wix but the K&N has a better flow rate and filters better.

5. topherztoyz

topherztoyz Member

I did a search cross referancing myself.. My Daihatsu is a 2001 4x4 with the 660 motor and EFI. My first oil and filter change I went with a NAPA/Gold 1394.. Pricey at about $6.00. I have a Yamaha Rhino.. and while searching fourms on the Rhinos and UTV's I found a good artical with someone buying filters and cutting them up to see how they were designed.. He found the Walmart Super Tech brand of good quility.. so I've been using those oil filters in my UTV, and streetbile for about two years now, with no problems.
    So this Oil and filter change on my Daihatsu.. I went with a Walmart Super Tech ST7317. Fit like stock.. and about $2.99 each.
    Chris.. Phx, Az.

6. lextec

lextec New Member

I have a 95 climber 660, and a factory 4 cylinder camry oil filters are what i run. Have not had no problems from this in 2 years.

7. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i reference a 91 daihatsu charade (3cyl 1.0L engine) when i need a filter.