OEM Honda Civic wheels on '96 Minicab Van

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Donald McRonald, Jun 27, 2024 at 7:37 AM.

1. Donald McRonald

Donald McRonald New Member

Been looking for some wheel options for my 96 U42V for what feels like forever. Wanted something a little taller and wider than the stock 12x3.5s that wasn't too expensive. My target size was around 13x5, and $500 for wheels + tires.

Looked at US Manufacturers, of which I could really only find stuff like Aero which aren't street legal. I searched FB Marketplace and other secondhand marketplaces for OEM wheels for other older vehicles, but the amount of 4x4.5 options is very low. Lots of 4x4.0 options though.

Also looked at Croooober , tons of cool used wheel options there but shipping from Japan is ridiculous.

I finally found a decent set of OEM Honda wheels (supposedly '84-'91 Civic, but I'm not able to verify that online anywhere) that are 13x5, offset +40, with brand new tires. Achilles brand, so nothing special, but the price was decent. They're freshly powder-coated in a dark bronze, it's a little darker than I'd like but they still look pretty good. I discovered AFTER getting them home that one of the wheels appears to have been rebuilt/re-welded, as it has a clear weld between the inner and outer portions of the wheel, and the outer rim does not have the same markings. The job appears to be quality, and they measure the same, but I have no idea if that is going to bite me in the end.

Since they're 4x100, I needed some adapters for my 4x114.3 hub. Picked up some 1" adapters from USwheeladapters.com. The wheels fit perfectly with nearly the same rear clearance as the stock wheels. When turning the clearance from the front of the front wheels wheels is about 1", that seems to be the tightest spot. They stick out about 1.5" from the body, which is a good stance without being too goofy looking.

Just wanted to share my experience searching for wheels for this van.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]